Berryessa day.

Old September 22nd, 2003, 08:38 PM
Calif Bill

Default Berryessa day.

Went up to the Napa Valley for a charity wine taste and pick some grapes for
Cal Poly scholarship on Saturday. Towed the boat up as is only 20 minutes
from the North End of Lake Berryessa. HOT, did I mention the weather was
HOT. around the 100 mark, 94 at 6 P.M. in St. Helena. Through both dark
and chartreuse spinner baits, jigs, and finesse worms with out a taker.
Fished the river feeding the lake for smallies. Finally decided to troll
the river for trout as I looked for the area we camped in as a youth. Clown
needle fish caught no trout, but a nice sized crappie and about 10" smallie.
A few bass busting the surface in the trees, and still could not get a hit
throwing poppers and spooks. Did spook a nice fish while swimming in one of
the coves. Looked to be maybe 15". A nice day out on the water. Friends
were going to go with us, but the power steering on their 2001 suburban went
out and they road back to Walnut Creek with the wrecker. So a couple of
fish hooked and no car troubles makes for a nice weekend.
Bill

Old October 7th, 2003, 05:04 AM
go-bassn

Lake Berryessa hugh Bill? Better watch out for the Zodiac.

warren ;-)
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com

nk.net...

Old October 11th, 2003, 06:01 AM
Calif Bill

Berryessa is a large lake. I stayed up in the river that feeds it. The
vineyard we visited was only 20 minutes from the river entrance. Camped on
private property as a kid, and saw a lot of bass. Catching and seeing were
2 different items. Same as a 18 year old at Clear Lake. Saw a bass that
had to go 15+# in about 5' of water and 5' off the bank. I threw everything
in the tackle box at the girl, and never had a touch. Bounced a jig off her
head, and she did not move more than 6".
As to the Zodiac, the cops think he is either in jail for life or is dead.
Only fear I had was the Zebra killings. Blacks shooting isolated whites at
night in the mid 60's. I worked nights fixing mainframe computers while
going to college and 6 of the killings were within 9 blocks of my office.
Always checked for strangers when coming to the office.
Bill

"go-bassn" wrote in message
Lake Berryessa hugh Bill? Better watch out for the Zodiac.

warren ;-)
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com