Hawaii deep sea help?

Old May 5th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Jerry Stackhouse

Default Hawaii deep sea help?

Hi. I was looking for some advice on fishing with my 12 year old son in
Hawaii. Anyone have any suggestions for a reasonable deep sea charter?

Our best opportunity is probable while we are on the Big island but might be
able to work something in while we are in Maui.

We'll be there in June and wondered if the fishing is good at that
time? We are freshwater anglers so this should be interesting.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Old May 11th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Calif Bill

"Jerry Stackhouse" wrote in message
om...
Hi. I was looking for some advice on fishing with my 12 year old son in
Hawaii. Anyone have any suggestions for a reasonable deep sea charter?

Our best opportunity is probable while we are on the Big island but might

be
able to work something in while we are in Maui.

We'll be there in June and wondered if the fishing is good at that
time? We are freshwater anglers so this should be interesting.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Kona is the only island where you won't get a boat ride instead of a fishing
trip. Best bet in Maui is surf fishing on the Hana side.

Old May 23rd, 2004, 01:50 AM
Ken Tanaka

Aloha Jerry,

Check out www.sportfishhawaii.com, "click on charters for all islands". You
might be able to share the charter to cut the cost down, no harm in asking.
There are lots of yellowfin, ono (wahoo) & aku (skipjack tuna) in June.
Marlins are good all year 'round in Kona, also, the mahimahi should still
be around. I fish on the leeward side of Oahu where the fishing is not as
good. I usually launch from Ko Olina Marina. www.koolinamarina.com.
E-mail me if you have any questions as I don't come on often.

Ken Tanaka
Pearl City, HI

KUKOA
16' Arima Sea Chaser