float tube/fins/waders

Old August 9th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Vittorix

Default float tube/fins/waders

hi to all,

today I sold myself (I accepted a new job with the comforting idea of
earning money to spend in fishing activities and gears

I'm going to order from the Creek Company this float tube, model ODC
420:
http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdis...=Floa t+Tubes
what do you think about? I'll buy from them also the patch kit.
taking advance of the shipping, should I have to order other great
products from them?
should I get a pump or I can use a cheaper one bought at Walmart?
what accessories for the tube, for bass and fly fishing would you
suggest?

how should I choose the right fins and waders?

--
ciao
Vittorix

Old August 9th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Bill McKee

"Vittorix" wrote in message
hi to all,

today I sold myself (I accepted a new job with the comforting idea of
earning money to spend in fishing activities and gears

I'm going to order from the Creek Company this float tube, model ODC 420:
http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdis...=Floa t+Tubes
what do you think about? I'll buy from them also the patch kit.
taking advance of the shipping, should I have to order other great
products from them?
should I get a pump or I can use a cheaper one bought at Walmart?
what accessories for the tube, for bass and fly fishing would you suggest?

how should I choose the right fins and waders?

--
ciao
Vittorix

I use a $10 pump that plugs into the car outlet. $10 at Wal-mart. Had to
buy another one this weekend, as forgot the other one at home. Still have
not found my fly box and leader material.

Old August 9th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Vittorix

Bill McKee wrote:

should I get a pump or I can use a cheaper one bought at Walmart?

I use a $10 pump that plugs into the car outlet. $10 at Wal-mart.

good, the one they sell with the tube is too expensive.
how many times is necessary to inflate the tube? can I inflate once and
bring to fish and back inflated?
I'm thinking right now that will be very big to hold at home

thanks

--
ciao
Vittorix

Old August 9th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Bill McKee

"Vittorix" wrote in message
Bill McKee wrote:

should I get a pump or I can use a cheaper one bought at Walmart?

I use a $10 pump that plugs into the car outlet. $10 at Wal-mart.

good, the one they sell with the tube is too expensive.
how many times is necessary to inflate the tube? can I inflate once and
bring to fish and back inflated?
I'm thinking right now that will be very big to hold at home

thanks

--
ciao
Vittorix

I inflate each time I tube. The wal-mart pump will also suck the air out.
If I fish local, I use the shop vac to inflate and I just throw it in the
back of the truck. 5 minutes to the local bass ponds. If I go on long
trips with the camper and or boat, I inflate when I get to the water. Just
plug the pump in and in less than 5 minutes the tube is ready to go.

Old August 10th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Vittorix

Bill McKee wrote:

I inflate each time I tube.

I think I'll do so too, my best place downtown house is very small )

The wal-mart pump will also suck the air
out.

so, this will result in more stress. I'll bought the Creek one.

If I fish local, I use the shop vac to inflate and I just throw
it in the back of the truck.

that's a good idea.
I'll buy an adapter for gas station air pump.

I go on long trips with the camper and or boat, I inflate when I get
to the water. Just plug the pump in and in less than 5 minutes the
tube is ready to go.

and I got the pump.
pratically I'm following all your suggestions, thanks.
infact, I just ordered from the web site:

ODC 420 Outdoor Discovery Craft
$159.99

Creek Company Patch Kit
$5.00

Lightweight Fins (they're on sale and they look nice)
$24.99

ODC Pump (double action)
$29.99

Water Bottle Holder
$4.99

Pack Straps (to transport)
$9.99

Air Daddy (air adaptor)
$5.99

and I imagine to go to a gas station or a fish store.
now I've just to buy waders (that's a pity I've all my scuba gears in
Italy) and wait few days!!!

--
ciao
Vittorix

Old August 11th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Bob La Londe

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

I inflate each time I tube. The wal-mart pump will also suck the air out.
If I fish local, I use the shop vac to inflate and I just throw it in the
back of the truck. 5 minutes to the local bass ponds. If I go on long
trips with the camper and or boat, I inflate when I get to the water.

Just
plug the pump in and in less than 5 minutes the tube is ready to go.

Have you noticed any particular benefit to deflating your float tube every
time? I don't float tube, but my dad has a nice canvas covered float tube
with pockets, etc... He bought it at a sporting good show...15-20 years ago
maybe. It has never been deflated since he got it. Seems to be ok. I
think he has only used it five or six times, but...

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old August 11th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Frank Reid

Have you noticed any particular benefit to deflating your float tube every
time? I don't float tube, but my dad has a nice canvas covered float tube
with pockets, etc... He bought it at a sporting good show...15-20 years
ago
maybe. It has never been deflated since he got it. Seems to be ok. I
think he has only used it five or six times, but...

Rubberized products, like float tube and pontoon boat bladders, are best
store partially inflated. At least enough that there is no crease in the
bladder. This will promote a much longer life.

--
Frank Reid
Euthanize to respond

Old August 11th, 2005, 07:31 PM

[...]