here is a neat thing for us guys

Old December 20th, 2007, 07:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Default here is a neat thing for us guys

Who fish alone
http://content.zdnet.com/2346-11535_22-180922-3.html

Which I had invented it
--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
Old December 20th, 2007, 11:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty

Thanks for that link Rodney. I'm a relatively new canoe owner and have a
clumsy method for taking my picture, but at least it gets the picture. I've
been thinking about a better method and this looks like it has
possibilities. I will have to do some thinking about powering on the camera
and pressing the shutter while holding a bass in my left hand.

Interesting possibility.

Old December 20th, 2007, 11:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Marty wrote:
Thanks for that link Rodney. I'm a relatively new canoe owner and have a
clumsy method for taking my picture, but at least it gets the picture. I've
been thinking about a better method and this looks like it has
possibilities. I will have to do some thinking about powering on the camera
and pressing the shutter while holding a bass in my left hand.

Interesting possibility.

Most of today's digital cameras have a time delay shutter you can set

I have a mini tripod that cost a buck at the dollar store,, I was
thinking about fixing it to a wooden dowel, and making me one of those
things
Old December 21st, 2007, 12:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now[_2_]

There is a cheaper way that clamps onto various things so it does not
have to be held.

Go buy a $1.98 aluminum shaded light with the clamp base at the dollar
store. Take the cone shaped shade and fixture off, bend the tabs in
over each other and drill a hole in them. Fix a bolt into them with
the threads sticking outward. Put one or two nuts on the bolt to hold
it and limit how far into your camera you can screw it. Be sure to
leave the gimbal on and use a bolt that has threads that fit your
camera.

Walla!
You now have a small clamp that is adjustable for level, will attach
to vehicle windows, boat seats, boat windshields, gunnels, canoe cross
braces, motorcycle parts, fences, tree branches or just about anything
else you can think of.

One of these days I'll remember to take a pic of it for posting.

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:01:30 GMT, "Marty"
wrote:

Thanks for that link Rodney. I'm a relatively new canoe owner and have a
clumsy method for taking my picture, but at least it gets the picture. I've
been thinking about a better method and this looks like it has
possibilities. I will have to do some thinking about powering on the camera
and pressing the shutter while holding a bass in my left hand.

Interesting possibility.

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
Who fish alone
http://content.zdnet.com/2346-11535_22-180922-3.html

Which I had invented it
--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
See lure video you won't believe
http://ezknot.com/videos.html

Dan

-

Remove the X for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old December 21st, 2007, 10:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty

Marty wrote:
Thanks for that link Rodney. I'm a relatively new canoe owner and have a
clumsy method for taking my picture, but at least it gets the picture.
I've been thinking about a better method and this looks like it has
possibilities. I will have to do some thinking about powering on the
camera and pressing the shutter while holding a bass in my left hand.

Interesting possibility.

Most of today's digital cameras have a time delay shutter you can set

Yes, I take pictures with the self-timer now, but looking for a better
arrangement if I can find one. Thinking more about this Quik Pod, I don't
think it'll work for me.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 09:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Alex

I have a mini tripod that I put on the rear seat with the self timer. The
clamp is a good idea.