Hey Harry!!!

Old November 21st, 2003, 11:40 PM
RichZ

Default Hey Harry!!!

How do you feel about Sunday in rondout?

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old November 21st, 2003, 11:56 PM
RichZ

This offer isn't limited to Harry by any means. I kind of owe him a trip
there, but if he isn't able, anyone who wants the seat should shout!

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old November 22nd, 2003, 03:53 AM
Philip Goodwin

"RichZ" wrote in message
This offer isn't limited to Harry by any means. I kind of owe him a trip
there, but if he isn't able, anyone who wants the seat should shout!

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Hey Rich,
I had such a miserable time last week-end that I'd be willing to give you
another chance on Sunday if need be. I promise I'll bring my own drop-shot
stuff this time also (even if it is just split shots) so as not to decimate
your supply any further. If Harry or anyone else can't make it and you need
some company give me a shout.

Phil

Old November 22nd, 2003, 04:46 PM
RichZ

OK, you're on, Phil. See you at 6:30AM, same place as last week.

It's going to have to be awfully good to outdo the fishing I had to leave
this morning in Zoar! Went out at about 7, and had to be back home by 10:30
so I could get a few errands done before the Husky game at noon. Man, I
wish I had more time to fish today. It might well have been the best
fishing day of the year!

Pulled up on my standard late season LM point and threw a 3/4 oz. jig with
a pork frog on it. Missed a fish on my 2nd or 3rd cast. Moved to the
crappie brush piles just inside the cove. I guess I was hurrying because I
had so little time to fish. Not a single bite in the crappie spot. Turned
around and went back to the bass point. We're talking 75 feet away, so it's
not like I was running all over the place. Caught one about 2 pounds out of
about 35 feet of water. Hung up and broke that jig off. Had another rod
rigged with a 5/8 oz jig with a Lunker City Piggy Back on it, so I grabbed
that. A few casts later I got one about 4-1/2. The action pretty much
stayed that way for the 3-1/2 hours I was out there. Ended up catching 14
LM from about 1-1/2 pounds to the 4-1/2 I just mentioned. Had 6 in the
3-1/2 to 4 range. All the fish came on big living rubber jigs (5/8 to 1 oz)
with either a pork frog or a piggy back trailer. All came from more than 15
feet of water. The deepest was about 40. Also caught a carp about 25
pounds, hooked in the mouth on the jig & pig.

I hope the Huskies do as well today as I was doing when I cashed out to
come home and watch the game.

I'll put up some pictures after the game.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old November 22nd, 2003, 07:50 PM
RichZ

Go-bassn wrote:
Does this guy EVER get skunked?

Not this year. But I almost was last year on the Hudson with you. One lousy
fish saved my behind.

I was fishing alone this morning, so picture taking wasn't a prime
activity, but...

http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/zoar2.jpg
http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/zoar4.jpg
http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/zoar5.jpg
http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/zoar7.jpg
http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/zoar8.jpg
http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/zoar10.jpg

Old November 22nd, 2003, 07:50 PM
Eric Ryder

"RichZ" wrote in message
[...]

Bit of the Midas Touch there Rich!

Old November 22nd, 2003, 07:54 PM
RichZ

RichZ wrote:
Not this year.

Actually, now that I think about it, I was pretty much skunked a few weeks
back on squantz. I think I had 2 shorts and the one big fish that ate the
rock bass that had eaten my bait -- but even if I had gotten that one in
the boat, I wouldn't have counted it, because it was an accident, pure and
simple.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old November 22nd, 2003, 10:12 PM
Philip Goodwin

"RichZ" wrote in message
OK, you're on, Phil. See you at 6:30AM, same place as last week.

Terrific Rich, I'll see you there.

Phil

Old November 22nd, 2003, 10:15 PM
Philip Goodwin

"RichZ" wrote in message
I was fishing alone this morning, so picture taking wasn't a prime
activity, but...

http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/zoar2.jpg
http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/zoar4.jpg
http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/zoar5.jpg
http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/zoar7.jpg
http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/zoar8.jpg
http://www.richz.com/fishing/images/zoar10.jpg

Man Rich those are some primo fish. Makes me wish we were going to Zoar
tomorrow instead of the Hudson.

Phil