Classic Continued (response to Warren).

Old March 7th, 2006, 04:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Classic Continued (response to Warren).

Warren,

I couldn't find the thread you had responded to concerning the classic.
I did retract my personal attack on Luke Clausen in another post as
well as conceding that these guys are trying to make a living, and if it
means fishing bedding fish to win, then by all means do it, my issue is
not at all with the Anglers themselves or their tactics.

My biggest problem with the classic was the fact that they did have it
during the time of the year were the "Potential" to catch big fish was
more likely. BASS even promoted it that way. All I am saying was that
this classic could have went to absolutely anyone. Everyone knows what
types of areas to fish for your biggest bite. Granted you always have
fish in each stage of the spawning process throughout a system, but the
temps were in the 60's (water), therefore the fish were up, or moving
up, the biggest spawn the earliest. Could just anyone go out and catch
a 20+ lb bag each day during the classic, I highly doubt it, but the
potential for anyone to catch one is higher than anyone other time of
the year (except maybe late fall).

Iaconnelli........why rehash this, but Cameras are always on him,
waiting for a meltdown as they call it. Regardless of when he developed
this "character", he is just a fisherman that happens to have the
opportunity to fish professionally, and does it very well. People put
WAY too much stake in what these guys say and do, and you could say the
same about Football, Basketball, Baseball, and even Nascar
professionals. I wouldn't choose his methods of reaction , but I would
love to compete head to head with him, as well as all of you guys any
day. That is the most important to me of course, I have another friend
who I am really close with and he fishes Walleyes professionally and he
shares your views on Iaconnellis actions. See, I do not have Children,
my friend does, and I know you do, so maybe my attitude would be a bit
different, but as I mentioned in a reply to Jack Dalzell, I would that
as an opportunity to compare and contrast reactions to situations and
also promote individuality.

Too me, once again, it is just competitive fishing. They are not my
role models, they are not influential in how I eat , speak , and dress.
I enjoy talking about them, and I love the thought of competing
against them because in this world (Bass fishing), they are considered
the best.

Oh well, I am happy to be able to talk about this stuff with all of you
guys.

Chris.