*((( Didja see the Gobi Bonanza Tourney on Lake Erie???

Old August 16th, 2007, 09:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
E. Carl Speros

Default *((( Didja see the Gobi Bonanza Tourney on Lake Erie???

I don't know if it was a repeat, but ESPN2 showed a SM Bass Tournament
on Lake Erie. I've never seen anything like it. Many limits of 4 lb.+
Smallies. They were using the drop shot technique & the Gobis (a small,
but chubby gray fish accidentally introduced to the lake & thriving)
would tap at the soft plastic lures & suddenly stop after which a
Smallie would attack the lure. It seemd everyone was limiting out on
huge Smallies. I sat there drooling like Homer Simpson looking at a box
of donuts. Amazing!!! Arrrggh!!!

Old August 18th, 2007, 12:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bill & Sue

That was about 45 min. from here. I fish Erie alot but will have to cut
back when I sell the Cobra. It gets rough FAST out there. Doc

Old August 19th, 2007, 12:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris Rennert

Not very long b4 they will be a big seller for you in Wisconsin as well
Randy :-)