SW spinnerbaits

Old January 27th, 2004, 04:51 AM
Joe

Default SW spinnerbaits

Naw, Warren I go back to the Bass Rogue years (97 I think?).
I didn't want RR to feel bad. .
;-)
Joe Z
"go-bassn" wrote in message
lol Joe, one can tell you haven't been around ROFB as long as some of us.
This is an annual event. See ya in 2005!

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

"Joe" wrote in message
You must have set a NG record for the most innocent post that flamed off
topic and out of control. ;-) Joe Z.
"RR" wrote in message
Didnt expect all this from my original post.... wasnt trying to stir in

any
pot. In any case, I got the lures today and they look GREAT. Cant wait to
try them out this weekend. Thanks guys.

"RR" wrote in message

Well, after reading posts about the Secret Weapon spinnerbaits, I

have
finally decided to give them a try. As if I needed more spinnerbaits, I
ordered 3 today. Got a friend of mine to order some as well so we could
order together. We each got 3 in different sizes and colors. Hoping they
will get here before the 31st so I can try them out on a local

tournament
here!
At least if they work, we wont be lying to the members of our bass club

when
we say we caught them on a 'secret weapon'.

Old January 27th, 2004, 04:52 AM
go-bassn

Default Here's The Deal (formerly Drop Shot rubber band... )

Sorry if I offended you in some way Mr Buck. Feel free to killfile me if
you don't like what I say. It's your right.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

"J Buck" wrote in message
Great explaination Warren... and I'd probably think about putting this
info
in the FAQ's if anyone wants to second it

How does something that nasty and personal belong in the ROFB FAQ?

Old January 27th, 2004, 04:58 AM
go-bassn

I'll be looking forward to that Rodney, while I'm videotaping your
rubberband spooking bass in shallow water.

Good thing everything's archived on the internet, I think I'll forward some
of your more amusing posts to Renosky & Mojo.

See ya in court lol.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

"Rodney" wrote in message
go-bassn wrote:

lol Rodney, you are nothing but but another online clown. Everything I
wrote in my last post is 100% true. You can go on & try to fool a few
uneducated people on the internet, but you're not fooling many folks

here.
When you make your annual visit to ROFB you should realize that you're

not
dealing with rank amateurs. I love the claims of slander & threats of
lawsuits Rodney. Bring it on brotha! You just be ready to defend

yourself
against the big fat countersuit I bring against you old fella. Your
attourneys must be as intelligent as you are, because any smart one

would
tell you your case would get laughed out of court.

I guess we shall meet then. Why did you not just for once, keep your
mouth shut

Your lack of knowledge about the laws of slander will be no excuse, you
had better seek legal advice now, you will be told real quick I have a
very strong case.

You had better take copies of every post to him

SInce everything will for ever be in the archives of the internet, it
won't be what you thought you wrote, or what you meant to say

As far as this news group , this is my last post to it,, but I will be
watching it closely.

Mr. Wolk, we shall be in touch
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Stand Out Hooks ,

Old January 27th, 2004, 05:06 AM
go-bassn

Oh man, I haven't even cursed here! You forget the Rodney vs Rodmaker wars?
They were classic.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

"RR" wrote in message
So I get props for starting the thread that inadvertantly caused the first
big flame of 2004?
;-)
Been a lurker here for at least 3 years and cant remember it getting this
nasty.

Old January 27th, 2004, 05:08 AM
go-bassn

rotflmao Joe, I think Bass Rogue is still here...but that's a whole other
story lol. Sorry to confuse you with a newbie pal.

Warren ;-)
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

Old January 27th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Charles B. Summers

Default rodney let it die, and stop fighting please-rubber bands and other stuff

Giving up a Champion for a tin (?) boat??? Say it aint so!

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
"Crownliner" wrote in message
snip
speaking of
which i am thinking of selling my champion and buying a lund pro v.

anyone
ever fish from one? if so how did you like it compared to a bass boat?

peace
crownliner

Old January 27th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Charles B. Summers

Seriously Buck... this is good stuff. Not the Rodney rant.

This is what was referring to:

Begin
The facts are this: The most common form of strike in bass fishing is a
reaction strike. That is because bass actually spend a very small portion
of each day actively feeding, if they feed at all that day. Bass strike
lures that come into their "strike window" because they are mean,
instinctive killers. These are basically inactive fish. That's why 90% of
the average basser's trips aren't the trips that they remember for the rest
of their lives.

Generally we have to work pretty hard for that limit. Only occasionally do
we encounter truly active, feeding fish. Those are the days that we load
the boat, Thank the Lord for them. When bass are actively feeding they are
quite catchable, maybe even with a rubber band bouncing only inches from
your lure.

Now, if you truly understand the reaction strike principle you know that
most bass don't inch up to a bait & look it over before eating. Sure,
occasionally they do. But more often than not giving a bass a great look at
a solitary lure is the ticket to failure. That's why if you watch the truly
great jig fishermen, flippers & pitchers like Denny Brauer & Tommy Biffle,
you'll see them put their bait right on shallow cover, let it sink to the
bottom, jiggle it once or twice, then retrieve for their next presentation.
These guys know that the odds of leaving that jig down there for a long
period of time & drawing a strike that didn't come almost instantly are not
good.

You may marvel at how Kevin Van Dam smokes down a shoreline with a
spinnerbait & loads the boat. You may find it a great contrast to the jig
fishing that Brauer does. But in reality he & Brauer are usually fishing
for the same kinds of strikes. Although they prefer using different fishing
methods to draw them, they both are looking for reaction strikes. They know
that is their best bet, plain & simple.

Just as most bass strike at anything they perceive as food that passes
within the reaction strike "window", 90% of bass spook at the first sign of
an unnatural element in their territory.
End

Old January 27th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Crownliner

Default champion vs lund (renamed post)

well i don't know. i fish 75% of the time for hybrid striper in the middle
of the lake on some awful windy days. the champion is great when running
through the waves, but suffers a little from spray when just sitting.

i don't tournament fish anymore for bass, hardly bass fish outside of
winter, and have a '96 champion i am thinking about selling. the lund i
want is about 34k which is about the same as a new bass boat, but has a few
features i really want like bait wells, and high sides.

i may or may not, go for it. i was a little disapointed in what the dealer
offered for the champion and may just keep it. it has brought a lot of fish
over the side, and i only guide about 10 trips a year now, all repeat guys
who don't care about the boat as long as we catch fish.

crownliner

Old January 27th, 2004, 05:29 AM
go-bassn

If you're gonna get a new rig sell your old one yourself, don't trade it in
Crownliner. Why get wholesale price when you can get retail?

Speaking of wind, that high-gunnel tin boat will blow along like a sailboat
in it, keep that in mind too.

Champion makes one sweet boat...

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

Old January 27th, 2004, 05:31 AM
J Buck

Feel free to killfile me if you don't like what I say. It's your right

LoL I don't want to killfile anyone. Everyone has something good, or,
at the very least, entertaining to say.

And 'Mr. Buck' is my Dad. Call me Dave.