The grossest miscalculation I have ever seen on roff

Old September 12th, 2008, 02:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

Default The grossest miscalculation I have ever seen on roff

(stunned silence)

rdean:

I think you might have hit a new low.

It ain't Richard Pryor you should apologize to. In the right time and
place in history, from the right comedian, in the right venue, such a
statement, backed with artistic license for shock humor value, was
genius.

In this day and age, on a Usenet forum, from a person with your
particular political rant style, there is no such license and heading
a thread the way you did this one is idiotic. I'm embarrassed and
ashamed for you.

Whatever your intent was is totally lost on me.

--riverman
Old September 12th, 2008, 04:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:29:08 -0700 (PDT), riverman
wrote:

(stunned silence)

rdean:

I think you might have hit a new low.

It ain't Richard Pryor you should apologize to. In the right time and
place in history, from the right comedian, in the right venue, such a
statement, backed with artistic license for shock humor value, was
genius.

And using the titles to three of his albums was somehow wrong? I made
no comment of any kind. I simply used the titles in quotes. I made no
snide comments on Letterman, no "wink-wink" comments about lipstick or
pigs or anything else - just three album titles in quotes.

In this day and age, on a Usenet forum, from a person with your
particular political rant style, there is no such license

"No such license?" I didn't realize you (or anyone else) ran the
licensing bureau. IAC, "...licenses? I don't need no steekin'
licenses..."

and heading a thread the way you did this one is idiotic.

I'm embarrassed and ashamed for you.

Well, that'll have to do ya, because I'm neither embarrassed nor ashamed
for me. I am, however, amused at you and your silly judgmental
political correctness, not to mention your apparent closet racism.

Whatever your intent was is totally lost on me.

Hey, you could have just asked before you judged, but hey, why break
your streak...

And there you are,

--riverman

Old September 12th, 2008, 05:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Also unfortunately for you, regardless of what rubbish you post, you
are still a dumb ******, and nothing you write will change that.
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sep 12, 6:50*am, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:37:07 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Also unfortunately for you, regardless of what rubbish you post, you
are still a dumb ******, and nothing you write will change that.

Oh, yeah, well I'm rubber and you're glue...everything you say bounces
off of me and sticks to you...

Sheesh,

Apart from anything else, you are in the wrong playground sonny, this
one is for grown-ups who fly-fish. Not for dumb childish ******s who
post a load of rubbish, call people silly names, and generally behave
like idiots.
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

On Sep 12, 12:56*am, wrote:

call people silly names, and generally behave like idiots.

That sounds like each and every fishing trip my buddies and I have
taken together.

Old September 12th, 2008, 03:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:44:20 -0500, Ken Fortenberry

riverman wrote:
... and heading a thread the way you did this one is idiotic.
I'm embarrassed and ashamed for you.

Well, that'll have to do ya, because I'm neither embarrassed nor ashamed
for me. ...

You should be. If you're not a smart-assed Mississippi racist
you sure do go out of your way to look like one.

Uh, yeah...smart-assed Mississippi racists would not be making a post to
a FFing NG using nothing the titles to long-ago Richard Pryor albums so
as to shock a few friends, among them a few assorted politically-correct
whiteboys, not to mention the smattering of amateur psychologists, some
in...well, one in a lederhosen and a cape, wannabe license issuers, and
a little porch pup...

That was a disgusting post.

Disgusting? Hardly. Disgusting is eating a moldy bread sammich with
green luncheon loaf and Velveeta, washed down by room-temperature soured
milk. It was shocking...and it was intended to be...

HTH,