He was a good dog

Old November 6th, 2007, 01:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Default Rabid Ranting

"Mike" wrote in message
ups.com...

Let us assume you are in fact right in all you say.

A very generous assumption.

What alternative
course of action would you recommend?

Smack him and then let it go. He hates that. It makes him afraid.

You can not teach somebody something he is unwilling to learn, except
by force.

The bedrock principle of law. I was already aware of that.

In order to teach somebody that fire is hot, you must bring
him close enough to the fire, and if necessary even burn him, or allow
him to burn himself. Such a lesson is never forgotten.

Yeah, that's what I said.

So the solution to many problems is to force the people you wish to
teach closer to the fire.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's the solution to many
problems.....but it will result in an appreciation for the possible
consequences of playing with fire.

What I am hoping, is that being subjected to some of his own abuse
will teach him what a fire is, and how hot it can be. Preferably to
burn him so that he never forgets it again.

Yeah, how's that working for you so far?

A psychopath also needs
people to use. If there are none to use, a basic need is withdrawn. I
am not exactly sure what effect this has, but it must have some.
Hopefully that he retires.

Not an expert on psychopathology myself, but it seems clear enough that
anyone with a penchant for using people (for whatever reasons) needs people
to use. Regardless of what path you pursue, the users here will never lack
for raw material.

The problems he causes elsewhere are not my problems.

Actually, they are. They are everybody's problems. Expand your
horizons......live outside your own head for a while. The fresh air will do
you good.

There is no way
way to rid the world of psychopaths,

Right. Not germane, but right nevertheless.

not even one of them,

Wrong. It is done every day.

but one can
control oneīs immediate vicinity to an extent.

Some more than others. How's that working for you so far?

All one has here is words, he has no advantage except his indifference
to right and wrong, and other peopleīs distress.

Words, so I've been told, can be powerful tools. They can compel one to do
things that he knows he shouldn't be doing.

Logically, one merely needs to use the same tactics as he does, and he
will fold.

Thus demonstrating the limits to what your are evidently pleased to think of
as logic.

even if he knows those tactics, it does him no good.

From here it looks like you haven't quite crippled him yet.

he
needs approbation and sympathy, and the control of others basically he
feeds on it.

And he gets all of that.

If one can take that away, it must be a good thing.

Sure. Good luck.

We will doubtless see what occurs.

We already know what will occur.

Wolfgang

Old November 6th, 2007, 01:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Bob Weinberger" wrote in message

"Russell D." wrote in message
Please excuse my top posting here. Is anyone else have the same trouble
with Wolfgang's posts as I am? When he replies to a post I am not seeing
the parts of the post that he has replied to marked with a line or a
in the left margin to set it apart. Is that clear as mud? For example,
in the post below it looks to me like Wolfgang wrote the whole thing. I
can't tell the difference between what Mike wrote and what Wolfgang
wrote. Wolfgang's posts are the only ones that I see this way.

Russell,

The same thing occurred on one of my replies to one of MC's posts, where,
as Wolfgang did, I placed my comments after each of Mike's paragraphs. . I
don't know what the cause was and it hasn't happened again nor had it
happened before.

Bob Weinberger

For reason unknown to me, Mike's posts (and only his) show up on my screen
without the "" character leading each line of quoted text when I reply. I
assume the problem lies somewhere at his end as it doesn't occur with anyone
else's messages. This is a relatively recent phenomenon.....maybe the last
month or two. I have, on at least a couple of occasions, taken the trouble
to insert the "" character at the beginning of each line of his messages
but, frankly, it's a dull task and I've given up on it.

Besides, it has not yet been demonstrated that clarity raises the value of
the content in these exchanges, anyway.

Wolfgang

Old November 6th, 2007, 05:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

"Russell D." wrote in message
[...]

I think you are right. When I look other posts you have replied to they
look fine. It is just replying to Mike's posts where the problem shows
up. Mike's the problem. ;-)

Besides, it has not yet been demonstrated that clarity raises the value of
the content in these exchanges, anyway.

Yeah, well said. Sigh.

Russell
Old November 6th, 2007, 06:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"Mike" wrote in message
ups.com...

Go ahead and join, I did not have a hissy fit, I left the board on a
matter of principle after a moderator edited my posts to suit himself.

Let me guess, someone "****ing idiot" disagreed with you on that board too??

I called a ****ing idiot a ****ing idiot and was banned from the board
after I left!

No doubt you would be booted from this group if it was moderated as well. I
suppose this is the
only place you have to come anymore eh?

I could not care less what you think about anything at all, my present
objective is Fortenberry.

There is nothing you can do about anyone on this group. Don't you get it?
Obviously we can stop you from making a complete fool of yourself over and
over.

You can not influence me in any way whatsoever, so I donīt know why
you even bother trying. Any sensible person would simply stop, but you
are not sensible are you?

Funny, you are influenced and poked about daily, it's easy and that is why
people continue to
do so...

Practice was you preach ding dong...

HTH,
JT
- I suggest you get a piece of ass, maybe that would help?

Old November 6th, 2007, 06:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On 6 Nov, 13:23, jeff wrote:
Mike wrote:
do what I can about Fortenberry before I leave though.

There are some things here I will miss, but not really very many.
Things have changed a very great deal since I first came to this
group. It gave me a lot of pleasure then.

I wonder what it will be like ten years from now?

Thanks for your insights. Time for me to go to bed.

TL
MC

there are significant regional/cultural differences within the US as
well...ask any born and bred southerner about the changes and conflicts
arising from the northern migrations. g i've heard native montanans
speak of californians in a less than kind way. but...we do our best to
uphold and assure bedrock principles. i've often thought methods and
habits and perceptions in communication are influenced by one's cultural
and community filters and background. i know that i felt like an alien
when i went to atlantic city new jersey years ago and tried to have a
conversation in a bar with an irishman who was complaining about the
italians living in his neighborhood...we were american citizens, but it
was as if we were from totally different countries. we never really
communicated. hell, i once thought my physical safety was in danger
when i let slip my affection for italians and italian food. i had no
reference point for a good judgment about the guy, but i sure as hell
had little interest in carrying on further conversation with him. i
wasn't going to change him. i suspect your deal with fortenberry is the
same. you'll not accomplish your goal, worthy or not. you've made some
interesting points amid all the noise and name-calling. i know you've
caused me to think about some things and to type much more than i ever
intended or would have otherwise.

once expectations are adjusted and reframed...this is like most other
public venues. good and bad.

change is inevitable. one hopes it will be for the better. i suspect,
at the very least, we'll just be 10 years older though. i sure hope so.
maybe wiser too. g

jeff

I have no illusions that he will change, I merely wish to prevent him
abusing and damaging others here. Or any new recruits. That will
succeed, because anybody who tangles with him now would have to be an
idiot.

Regardless of all the other flak, there are only very few who are
unaware of the truth. Everything he writes merely serves to confirm
it.

TL
MC

Old November 6th, 2007, 06:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

"Russell D." wrote in message
[...]

Seems to be a fault in G-mail. Nothing I can do about it. It is also
why I donīt reply using multi-quotes. Makes things completely
unintelligible.

TL
MC

Old November 6th, 2007, 08:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:47:01 -0800, Mike
wrote:

Regardless of all the other flak, there are only very few who are
unaware of the truth. Everything he writes merely serves to confirm
it.

Bull****! Ken has written more terrific trip reports than you ever
will. He has given some very good advice about canoes and canoeing.
His knowledge of Yellowstone is outstanding. He spent a summer or two
out there cooking for a ranch (outfitter?).

Everything he writes about you is *dead on*. He has you pegged for
what you are, an egotistical has-been that never was, a homophobic
neurotic psychopath who longs for attention, *even nasty attention*
like you are now getting.

Is it true you were kicked off of some other fishing groups? If so,
why? Perhaps you acted outrageous like you do on roff?

Old November 6th, 2007, 08:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

Dave LaCourse wrote in
:

Is it true you were kicked off of some other fishing groups? If so,
why? Perhaps you acted outrageous like you do on roff?

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/M...important-all-
t11533.html&hl=connor

Usually, he leaves in a snit--takes his ball and goes home.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply