Lake Mead Striped Bass? Tips?

Old October 14th, 2004, 01:31 PM
alwaysfishking

Default Lake Mead Striped Bass? Tips?

Rich are you not snagging bunker when fishing for those stripers? If not
SON!!!! Take me fishing with you. Man some of the best striper fishing I did
when I lived in the city was done with two rods, One witha big old snatch
hook for snagging bunkers and the other for livelining them out, do it qucik
enought and take a double header, I'll show you how to rig that up

--
A&A National Fishing Team
"Rich P" wrote in message
I've been hitting them the past few weeks in the Hackensack River in
Secaucus. We get them all throwing 3/8 or 1/2 oz jig-heads and 4" shad
swim-baits in white. The bait looks like the peanut bunker that are in

the
river by the thousands. There are a few spots where the bunker are so

thick
you can't help but foul hook one on every other cast. And every now and
again the lure goes in but it doesn't come out and you realize there's a

ten
pound fish on the line. I have a couple of pics on ABPF right now.

Rich P

"alwaysfishking" wrote in message
I love stripers

"go-bassn" wrote in message
Stripers...yea. They're all-white right?

Warren ;-)
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"jylu97" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm planning on heading out to Lake Mead at the end of October for a
few days of striped bass fishing. Any recommendations on lures to

use
at that time of year (and when to use them)? I'm planning to go out
with a guide for the first day or so, but I'd like to bring some of

my
own tackle.

Thanks.

A. J.