spinning reel???

Old November 6th, 2003, 11:34 PM
kenneth blevins

Default spinning reel???

Hello group---
If you were going to buy a good spinning reel to go on a 7' MH rod what
would your choice be.I have several lower end spinning reels and thought
I'd spring for a better quality reel.Any suggestions and why
Thanks for your time
Ken Blevins

Old November 6th, 2003, 11:37 PM
Dave Norton

Okuma Fina or Avenger!

--
Dave Norton
Millennium Rods

Old November 6th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Josh

Diawa Capricorn my recommendation Kevin. Great reel. I switched to them this
year and am very pleased.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old November 7th, 2003, 01:10 AM
Jerry \NervisRek\ Barton

I think Dave, Charlie, and myself would all agree on an Okuma Avenger
AV-20. Comparable to a Shimano Sahara 1000 in size. I found them for
$34.00 with free shipping from www.digitaldagger.com. He also includes
free shipping on most of his products.

--
Jerry Barton
www.jerrys-world.com

Old November 7th, 2003, 01:35 AM
Thundercat

Shimano Stradic 2500. It's the cat's meow of moderately priced reels. Just
IMHO.

--
Harry J. aka Thundercat
Bass fishing is NOT a hobby...

Old November 7th, 2003, 02:51 AM
Craig

I'll back Harry on the Shimano Stradic, but the 2000 model for bass fishing.

--
Craig Baugher

Old November 7th, 2003, 03:15 AM
Illinois Fisherman

Thundercat has it right, Ken. Stradic 2500FH. Aluminum Frame and spool.
Steel, cut and polished gears, not aluminum cast. 4 sealed ball bearings and
one roller bearing. Stradic reels deliver the goods over the long haul.

The inexpensive reels are throwaways as far as I am concerned. Use them a
couple of years, maybe, and get rid of them. Then go out and waste money
again buying the same inexpensive throwaway reels again and again. I am not
saying that the inexpensive reels are not good, I am saying buy it once for
the long haul and save more money that way. The Stradic will not disappoint
you.

Old November 7th, 2003, 03:17 AM
Thundercat

"Craig" wrote in message
I'll back Harry on the Shimano Stradic, but the 2000 model for bass

fishing.

--
Craig Baugher

I didn't think they still made the 2k, although I am sure you can still find
them out there.

Old November 7th, 2003, 04:23 AM
Bob Rickard

My Zebco(Abu) Cardinals only cost me about 40 bucks each, and other than the
ugly green color, look like they might be pretty well built. I'll let you
know for sure in another 30 years or so.
--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

Old November 7th, 2003, 05:02 AM
schreecher

I think that the Team Daiwa reels are the best bang for the buck. They seem
to hold up better than the Shimano's over the long haul, 10 years or more. I
have had both, and had to retire my Stradic way before my SS1300 reels. I
bought them used, over 14 years ago, and they are all still working great.
The drag is super smooth, and the casting is distance is also unmatched
because of the way the line is laid down on the reel. I have the high end
Daiwa's, 2 TDZ's, both given to me, both unbelievable. But, you need to
start comparing the reels you fish with, with the guns you own. If you spend
the money for a few super reals, you will have used them much more often
than the shotgun or rifle that you paid a fortune for, and will have many
more times the satisfaction from them. Just my opinion....

y.com...