$209.16

Old April 6th, 2008, 12:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default $209.16

Damn, it's that time of year when I have to renew all my
fishing licenses. I bought non-resident fishing licenses
and trout stamps in Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota plus
fishing and hunting resident licenses in Illinois and the
bill came to $209.16. And I still have to buy the federal
waterfowl stamp.

I'm not complaining, just wondering how in the hell folks
can afford this fishing and hunting habit.

(could be worse, as I recall I paid just as much for the
combination of non-resident Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and
Yellowstone.)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 6th, 2008, 12:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On 5-Apr-2008, Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Damn, it's that time of year when I have to renew all my
fishing licenses. I bought non-resident fishing licenses
and trout stamps in Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota plus
fishing and hunting resident licenses in Illinois and the
bill came to $209.16. And I still have to buy the federal
waterfowl stamp.

I'm not complaining, just wondering how in the hell folks
can afford this fishing and hunting habit.

(could be worse, as I recall I paid just as much for the
combination of non-resident Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and
Yellowstone.)

--
Ken Fortenberry

I don't blame you for your coern about you fishing expenses - a little
For MT Idaho and Wyoming and Alaska this yr I will have spent as much or
more
But
the price of gasoline is going to hurt a whole LOT more

Fred
Old April 6th, 2008, 01:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
Damn, it's that time of year when I have to renew all my
fishing licenses. I bought non-resident fishing licenses
and trout stamps in Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota plus
fishing and hunting resident licenses in Illinois and the
bill came to $209.16. And I still have to buy the federal
waterfowl stamp.

why do you need a waterfowl stamp?

yes, the fees add up out here too

don't quote me, and I'm too lazy to find them all and check, but I think I
spent about $300 for Cal, Idaho, Montana, YNP fishing, YNP yearly entrance

I'm not complaining either ...

Old April 6th, 2008, 01:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Larry L wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
And I still have to buy the federal
waterfowl stamp.

why do you need a waterfowl stamp?

Ducks and geese. Southern Illinois has plenty of good
waterfowl hunting opportunities from November to March.
Ducks early, Canada Geese in the middle of the season
and then Snow Geese into March.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 6th, 2008, 01:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

why do you need a waterfowl stamp?

The way I fish, most states require me to get one.
Frank Reid
Old April 6th, 2008, 01:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On 5-Apr-2008, "Larry L" wrote:

, YNP fishing, YNP yearly entrance

How much is that?
I have to add that to my total also
Fred
Old April 6th, 2008, 02:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote

Ducks and geese. Southern Illinois has plenty of good
waterfowl hunting opportunities from November to March.
Ducks early, Canada Geese in the middle of the season
and then Snow Geese into March.

Hehe, I knew what the Duck Stamp is for but somehow thought you need it to
fish !!

If your $209.16 includes hunting, you're getting a great deal compared to
out here.

Old April 6th, 2008, 02:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

wrote

, YNP fishing, YNP yearly entrance

How much is that?
I have to add that to my total also

as I recall ... YNP fishing = $35
yearly pass to all NP = $50
YNP floating craft = $5/ day or maybe $25 season

The yearly pass into the Park is going up, I'm pretty sure I read that.

Old April 6th, 2008, 02:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
why do you need a waterfowl stamp?

The way I fish, most states require me to get one.
Frank Reid

I've caught a couple Gulls on a fly rod ... and, of course, bats ... in
Virginia when I was a kid

wonder what a Bat Stamp costs ...

Old April 6th, 2008, 03:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
hayseed[_2_]

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Damn, it's that time of year when I have to renew all my
fishing licenses. I bought non-resident fishing licenses
and trout stamps in Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota plus
fishing and hunting resident licenses in Illinois and the
bill came to $209.16. And I still have to buy the federal
waterfowl stamp.

I'm not complaining, just wondering how in the hell folks
can afford this fishing and hunting habit.

(could be worse, as I recall I paid just as much for the
combination of non-resident Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and
Yellowstone.)

If you are lucky enough to live past 62 and lucky enough to live in
Montana, it is free!!! Wahoo!!