more ff /elitists?

Old June 15th, 2004, 08:11 AM

Default more ff /elitists?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:03:34 -0500, "Wolfgang"
wrote:

"cruxgems" wrote in message
om...

Thing is, most of we 'run-of-the-mill' flyfisherman don't know if
you're using a $50.00 flyrod or a $500.00 flyrod. So what it boils
down to is; one elitist flyfisherman trying to impress another
elitiest flyfisherman. I guess you could, like Minnie Pearl, (you
probably don't remember her.) leave the price tags on...

Not that I disagree with your position, but Minnie Pearl was not at all who
most people think she was.

After I was as much grown up as I've ever become, I saw a rerun of
Grand Old Opry and realized that. She was one fine looking woman and
had a good voice once you got by the clothes and the hat and all. But
she had her shtick and played it very well. I'm just a bit ashamed I
was too 'sophisticated' to notice that when the show was alive.
--

rbc:vixen,Minnow Goddess,Willow Watcher,and all that sort of thing.
Often taunted by trout.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
Old June 16th, 2004, 03:04 PM

I have a brother in law that is what I call a "Bass Cranker". He
participates in many tournaments. It seems like from what I've seen is that
they hook the bass....crank as hard as you can(while skimming the fish over
the top of the water) get it in the boat and catch another one. LOL My son
who is going to be age 11 loves to fly fish..he is learning....tyes some of
his own flies...rough looking now, but effective. I took him fishing with
his cousin(same age) the son of my brother-in-law the "Bass Cranker". When
my son and I took our flyrods out of their cases...preceded to tye on our
flys....the cousins says..."Hey...why aren't you useing "real" fishing
poles? You can't catch anything with those long things". I said
"Son....their are many ways to catch a fish. We prefer the flyrod in most
instances....plus....your dad doesn't know everything about fishing....I was
catching fish when your dad was still p--ping yellow." {:O) That shut him
up quick...{:O) MIKE
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
.. .
snakefiddler wrote:

... i already have a feeling that this may be a sensitive subject, ...

Yes Daisy Mae, this is a sensitive subject.