more ff /elitists?

Old June 13th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Tom G

Default more ff /elitists?

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
snakefiddler wrote:

... i already have a feeling that this may be a sensitive subject, ...

Yes Daisy Mae, this is a sensitive subject.

Only if you're sensitive to being called on your BS.

[snip the Farting Fairy's condensed personal fishing history]

Are we elitists to believe this ? Well, I am. I am an elite among
fishermen and it would be ridiculous to deny it.

Ah, you can smell the humility from here.

Some of the folks on this newsgroup are elite fishermen but
cannot bear the thought of being labeled an elitist. That's a
useful distinction for some, by the way, the distinction
between an elite and an elitist, but for me it's a distinction
with little difference.

I'm uncertain, but I believe that the difference has something to do
with the relative position of one's nose in relationship to one's
bloated ego. In Ken's case, his bloated ego keeps his nose pointed
upwards at the proper fly fishing angle. Trouble is, sometimes he has a
hard time seeing the surface of the water.

Your chucklehead friends are jealous of fly fishermen and that's
pretty much the natural order of things. Let them be jealous.
There's not a thing in the world wrong with being an elitist
fisherman.

What a crock. I was an angler for many many years without jealousy and
I seriously doubt that my bait slingin' neighbor spends any of his
precious mental effort coveting my preferred angling style. The only
thing wrong with thinking that you are better than the unwashed hordes
is that, well, you aren't. 'Natural order'. Ha! The 'Natural order'
often results in the humiliating public failure of the overly pompous.
Hence Ken's hesitance to actually show up at a clave and fish where his
'elite' angling skills can be properly demonstrated. He's probably
keeping secrets--elite fly fishing secrets--from the rest of us.

Watch that nose angle,
Tom G
--
email:remove tt

"The majority of the stupid is invincible and gua&teed for all time."
Albert Einstein
Old June 13th, 2004, 02:12 AM
snakefiddler

"Tom G" wrote in message
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
snakefiddler wrote:

... i already have a feeling that this may be a sensitive subject,

Yes Daisy Mae, this is a sensitive subject.

Only if you're sensitive to being called on your BS.

[snip the Farting Fairy's condensed personal fishing history]

Are we elitists to believe this ? Well, I am. I am an elite among
fishermen and it would be ridiculous to deny it.

Ah, you can smell the humility from here.

yeah, butchya can't smell the *fecies*, because, as we all now know, becasue
of forty's elite fly fishin skills, his don't stink..........

[...]

so right. they, and i, just enjoy a littel back and forth, and this just
happened to be fodder.

The only
thing wrong with thinking that you are better than the unwashed hordes
is that, well, you aren't. 'Natural order'. Ha! The 'Natural order'
often results in the humiliating public failure of the overly pompous.
Hence Ken's hesitance to actually show up at a clave and fish where his
'elite' angling skills can be properly demonstrated. He's probably
keeping secrets--elite fly fishing secrets--from the rest of us.

Watch that nose angle,
Tom G
--

well said-
snakefiddler

Old June 13th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Tim J.

"snakefiddler" wrote in message
o.k., let me say a few things about my post.
first- i may have set a false tone by accidentally omitting my intended
question mark in the subject heading. i was "asking a question" purely in
fun-related to joking around that took place at work.

secondly, i already have a feeling that this may be a sensitive subject,
even with the few responses i have seen thus far.
certainly it was not my intention to offend anyone, and i hope i haven't.

If that's an apology, we don't tolerate that here.

.. . . and since WHEN have you worried about broaching a sensitive subject? ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Old June 13th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Kevin Vang

In article UpOyc.36273$HG.3287@attbi_s53,
lid says...

If that's an apology, we don't tolerate that here.

I would rather have a full body massage from Cindy
Crawford than apologize on roff.

Kevin
Old June 13th, 2004, 03:17 AM
snakefiddler

"Tim J." wrote in message

"snakefiddler" wrote in message
o.k., let me say a few things about my post.
first- i may have set a false tone by accidentally omitting my intended
question mark in the subject heading. i was "asking a question" purely

in
fun-related to joking around that took place at work.

secondly, i already have a feeling that this may be a sensitive

subject,
even with the few responses i have seen thus far.
certainly it was not my intention to offend anyone, and i hope i

haven't.

If that's an apology, we don't tolerate that here.

. . . and since WHEN have you worried about broaching a sensitive subject?

;-)
--
TL,
Tim

an apology my ass- nope- just a moment's introspection prior to returning my
daughter to the home she shared with her so recently deceased boyfriend, and
being concerned as to the road ahead of her. you see, i felt my mental
energies should be steered toward the truly important subject at hand.
therefore, it was an attempt to ward off any bull**** that i just didn't
care to deal with.

snakefiddler- an apology my ass ;-)
and ****- seems most everything i post ends up beng a sensitive subject G

Old June 13th, 2004, 03:18 AM
snakefiddler

"Kevin Vang" wrote in message
In article UpOyc.36273$HG.3287@attbi_s53,
lid says...

If that's an apology, we don't tolerate that here.

I would rather have a full body massage from Cindy
Crawford than apologize on roff.

Kevin

wow- the sacrifices some guys make

Old June 13th, 2004, 03:41 AM
daytripper

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 21:02:15 -0500, Kevin Vang wrote:

In article UpOyc.36273$HG.3287@attbi_s53,
says...

If that's an apology, we don't tolerate that here.

I would rather have a full body massage from Cindy
Crawford than apologize on roff.

Kevin

Ladies and Germs, that was your POTW!

/daytripper (damn! wish I'd thought of that! ;-)
Old June 13th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Stan Gula

"Kevin Vang" wrote in message
I would rather have a full body massage from Cindy
Crawford than apologize on roff.

Kevin

Yeah, man, I know what you're sayng. Her finger nails cut my back all to
**** last time.

Old June 13th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Tom G wrote:
snip harangue that proves the point
Hence Ken's hesitance to actually show up at a clave ...

Attend a 'Clave ? ME !?! And consort with common roffian
riffraff ? Good gawd man, the mere thought of it gives me
the heebie-jeebies and makes me feel like I should wash
my hands. If the servants didn't have the day off I'd
have someone bring me a Perrier and an aspirin.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old June 13th, 2004, 01:22 PM
walt winter

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Chester the Molester wrote:

No Daisy Mea, this *is not* a sensitive subject,...

Hey Chester, go crawl back under your rock. Crazy cracker filth
like you ain't never been fit to be in the company of decent
sportsmen.

god, if i didn't know any better, i'd say this "tag, yer it"
playalong is some form of wierd mating ritual.

come october, i just may have to shackle both of you boys
together and roll ya in to snowbird.... with only one fly rod.

wally