Will wonders never cease?

Old February 19th, 2009, 02:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

Default Will wonders never cease?

jeff wrote:
we have some commercial catfish farms in my county. it is reported that
at times there are more than 20 bald eagles over the ponds.

Quite apart from the eagles, I'm glad to hear that. Lot of places,
catfish farms folded when the feed costs skyrocketed toward the end of
last year.

- JR

Old February 19th, 2009, 05:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"jeff" wrote in message
. ..
DaveS wrote:
On Feb 15, 2:25 pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
the closest I ever got to one was hunkered down beside Cedar Run in
upstate
PA. I 'felt' a shadow moving upstream behind me, looked up, and saw a
beautiful bald eagle flying straight up the stream, no more that 40 feet
in
the air. Explaining, by the way, the extreme skittishness of the trout
that
morning.....g
Tom

We have quite a few eagles and hawks here as well as on our Dryside
place. Here they like the areas near fish farms where they can pick
off the escapees that the sea lions don't get first. On the dry-side
its the moles, voles and other rodents they feed on. The most eagled-
up place is San Juan Island around American camp. Its rabbits,
rabbits, rabbits in an over nibbled grass and pellet covered acreage
that I call Little Bangladesh. The Golden Eagles are fat up there.

Dave

we have some commercial catfish farms in my county. it is reported that
at times there are more than 20 bald eagles over the ponds.

jeff

WOW...think of all the money they lost!....or is it the money they did not
make...for me, charge me a little more the next time I eat at Long John
silvers...hehehe

John ( who doesn't eat fish!)

Old February 19th, 2009, 01:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

JR wrote:
jeff wrote:
we have some commercial catfish farms in my county. it is reported
that at times there are more than 20 bald eagles over the ponds.

Quite apart from the eagles, I'm glad to hear that. Lot of places,
catfish farms folded when the feed costs skyrocketed toward the end of
last year.

- JR

these are for sale if you've an interest in becoming a farmer of
catfish. the costs have caused several to fold and the ones i pass
occasionally are for sale or have reduced the number of active ponds.
there are always birds of prey...including vultures and sea gulls
hanging around...the eagles and hawks are a bonus view. the fish stay
deep until the food pellets are delivered...then all hell breaks loose.

jeff