Who is fishing? Where?

Old February 27th, 2009, 01:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Kiyu[_3_]

Default Who is fishing? Where?

The tailwater sections of streams fish well all year round. It is worth
bringing your gear if you can find time to spend on the river. As for
recommended flies it depends on the stream you plan to fish.
Here is what Pat Dorsey recommends as effective patterns for the Platte this
time of year: Midges and midges and...

Wow! Quite a list, all small, and I've only heard of a few of them.
I'm a bit old fashioned I suppose.
My son is wintering over in Dillon and I suggested he leave some
snowboarding junk behind and make some space in his car for a rod &
gear but he didn't. I received an "Uh Oh. I shoulda" call shortly
after he arrived and saw folks fishing the Blue. He was there well
before the snow and had plenty of time then to fish though it may be a
bit out of his league. It looks like a very nice stream and he could
learn a lot from it.
I really appreciate the list and will begin to accumulate/tie some of
the flies you suggested.
From the still excited calls I get from him it appears just this one
winter there is not about to get Colorado out of his system.

Many thanks

Kiyu

Old February 27th, 2009, 01:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Seriously, who is fishing? Where? For what?

Fishing.....

I remember fishing.....

vaguely.

I thought you were in DC, not Nebraska.
Frank "Frozen" Reid
(expecting another 3-7" of snow tonight)
Old February 27th, 2009, 11:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
George Cleveland

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:07:33 -0800 (PST), DaveS
wrote:

Seriously, who is fishing? Where? For what?

Dave

Not yet. Still skiing. Next weekend the early C&R season starts for
most of WI. I may get out Sunday since I'll be near the spring fed
rivers in the far western part of the state that day. Around our house
the rivers are pretty much ice covered with narrow chutes of running
water.
Old February 28th, 2009, 12:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

Seriously, who is fishing? Where? For what?

Dave

Not yet. Still skiing. Next weekend the early C&R season starts for
most of WI. I may get out Sunday since I'll be near the spring fed
rivers in the far western part of the state that day. Around our house
the rivers are pretty much ice covered with narrow chutes of running
water.

OMG, I just found out that there is Bonefishing in Hawaii!
On Kauai
http://www.bonefishkauai.com/
and on Oahu (some later photos look like Kaneohe Bay)
http://www.bonefishinghawaii.com/
Old February 28th, 2009, 02:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

Frank Reid wrote:
Seriously, who is fishing? Where? For what?

Fishing.....

I remember fishing.....

vaguely.

I thought you were in DC, not Nebraska.
Frank "Frozen" Reid
(expecting another 3-7" of snow tonight)

Yeah, haven't been out since October. My fault, though. I'll fish back
home in the middle of winter for steelhead and 14+" wild trout, but not
for what they've got around here.

Stay warm.

- JR
Old February 28th, 2009, 02:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

jeff wrote:
JR wrote:
DaveS wrote:
Seriously, who is fishing? Where? For what?

Fishing.....
I remember fishing.....
vaguely.

just south of you, the shad and new memories are beckoning. greenville
nc is a few hours drive (5 maybe?)...and from here, we can chase the
poor man's tarpon in the neuse, tar, and roanoke rivers. the fish
haven't arrived in numbers yet, but the water is warming and we'll be
giving them a proper welcome soon. you have an open invitation...

Thanks, but not looking likely right now. I just took a bunch of vacation
and am saving some more, hoping to make it to Penns, end of may. You may
see me down there during trout season, though.

- JR

Old February 28th, 2009, 03:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

wrote:

Seriously, who is fishing? Where? For what?

Dave

Not yet. Still skiing. Next weekend the early C&R season starts for
most of WI. I may get out Sunday since I'll be near the spring fed
rivers in the far western part of the state that day. Around our house
the rivers are pretty much ice covered with narrow chutes of running
water.

OMG, I just found out that there is Bonefishing in Hawaii!
On Kauaihttp://www.bonefishkauai.com/
and on Oahu (some later photos look like Kaneohe Bay)http://www.bonefishinghawaii.com/

Have them set it up, take in a 9' 5wt and see which one is easiest to
cast in.
The Shell Answer Man
Old February 28th, 2009, 01:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
graphicJAK

"Kiyu" wrote in message
[...]

From the still excited calls I get from him it appears just this one
winter there is not about to get Colorado out of his system.

Many thanks

Kiyu

The Blue River is beautiful water. I would check out specific patterns for
the Blue Here is a link to one of our local gurus
http://www.bluequillangler.com/Pat-D...The-Blue-River many of the
flies I have not heard of either.

graphicJAK

Old February 28th, 2009, 07:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

JR wrote:
jeff wrote:
JR wrote:
DaveS wrote:
Seriously, who is fishing? Where? For what?

Fishing.....
I remember fishing.....
vaguely.

just south of you, the shad and new memories are beckoning.
greenville nc is a few hours drive (5 maybe?)...and from here, we can
chase the poor man's tarpon in the neuse, tar, and roanoke rivers.
the fish haven't arrived in numbers yet, but the water is warming and
we'll be giving them a proper welcome soon. you have an open
invitation...

Thanks, but not looking likely right now. I just took a bunch of vacation
and am saving some more, hoping to make it to Penns, end of may. You may
see me down there during trout season, though.

- JR

weekends are vacations in DC? you need to get the hell out of there.

jeff
Old March 1st, 2009, 03:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

jeff wrote:

weekends are vacations in DC? you need to get the hell out of there.

Truer words was never spoke.

- JR