Thanks to ROFB, from SWL

Old December 27th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Jajwuth

Default Thanks to ROFB, from SWL

The selling price may not have a net profit component but it would likely
contain an element of fixed costs. So the sales effort does contribute to
profitability in the long run since some of the fixed costs are covered.
Old December 27th, 2004, 08:55 PM
mhood

Charles B. Summers wrote:

I'm with you there! I'll fish a worm to death most days.

I was thinking how easy it would have been to do one of RL impressions
saying that SW has revolutionized fishing and anyone not fishing it was
wasting thier time. However, I'm smart enough to know that there is NEVER
one sure fire way of catching fish. Just like you couldn't build a house
with just a wrench.

Is your e-mail address correct?

"mhood" wrote in message

Charles B. Summers wrote:

If I were Rodney... boy could I have some fun with this reply! LOL

Nothing personal mhood...ok?

"mhood" wrote in message

Well, I went and took a look. Frankly, it's hard to believe SW loses
money at $4.25 for a 2 blade spinner bait. Oh well, any old rubber worm
you've got (as long as it's a Creme flip tail), any size will do (as
long as it's 6") and any color is fine (as long as it's black).

mhood

It's OK Charles...my skin is thick enough to take it ;-) I was trying
to make the point that it's what you have faith in....me and my black
Creme flip tails...you and your $10 spinner bait. I can fail to catch
fish on a 50 cent H&H just as well as I can fail to catch fish on SW's
finest :-)

mhood

Sorry....been posting to Usenet a long time and have lost many an email
addy to spam before I learned that our email addys are being harvested
from our posts. You'll have to remove the "ly" from my addy to email me
direct. Not trying to be a horse's butt or anything, but at one time I
was getting over 300 spams a day.... BTW: Just finished my new house
at the lake...oddly enough, it's all metal and screwed together :-)

mhood
Old December 27th, 2004, 09:54 PM
pat gustafson

Thanks SWL,
Very nice of you. You will be hearing from me.

pat
ps. Hope your Christmas was as you hoped it would be.

On 12/25/2004 9:26 AM, Joe Haubenreich wrote:
Merry Christmas from Bob, Charles, Joe, and all the folks at Secret Weapon
Lures. Maybe we can help make the waning days of this season a little
merrier, and brighten up your new year as well.

From the ranks of ROFB came our first field testers, prostaffers, and
customers. A number of you have promoted us with your fishing buddies and
your local tackle shop dealers, and we really appreciate it. To give
something back, we've sponsored several events ROFB Classics and host its
Web site as well. Now, we'd like to do something for individual members.

Through December 2, we're offering VIP pricing, normally for prostaffers
only, to ROFB members. To take us up on this offer, go to
http://secretweaponlures.com, and click the "ProStaff" button under "Login"
in the top menu.

User Name: rofb
Password: blackbass

Happy holidays.... and good fishing!

Bob Rickard (founder, Secret Weapon Lures)
Joe Haubenreich
Charles Summers

Old December 27th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Illinois Fisherman wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
Illinois Fisherman wrote:
What a pampas ass you are.

I may be a pompous ass, but at least I can spell it.
snip
There is no such thing as an off-topic post on roff.

snip

I could go on but it would embarrass you more.

Why would *I* be embarrassed ? You're the one who pulled
a post from a newsgroup where it is perfectly acceptable
humor and posted it to a newsgroup group where, by your
own admission, it is not. I'm not embarrassed in the least,
I didn't post that message here, you did and you're *STILL*
a friggin' moron.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old December 27th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Illinois Fisherman

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
Illinois Fisherman wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
Illinois Fisherman wrote:
What a pampas ass you are.

I may be a pompous ass, but at least I can spell it.
snip
There is no such thing as an off-topic post on roff.

snip

I could go on but it would embarrass you more.

Why would *I* be embarrassed ? You're the one who pulled
a post from a newsgroup where it is perfectly acceptable
humor and posted it to a newsgroup group where, by your
own admission, it is not. I'm not embarrassed in the least,
I didn't post that message here, you did and you're *STILL*
a friggin' moron.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Moron! Well, I guess you are right. I just wanted this group to know who
they were dealing with. Now I, and the rest of the group can just disregard
your posts as they have nothing to contribute to the nice people here.

You know, I have to admit that Al is a better person than you, Dang, even
Rodney is. Have a nice miserable life. Now, go away twit.

NO ONE replied to your supposedly funny post, now did they. I don't think
they saw the humor in your remarks. Nor does anyone here like your foul
mouth. Clean up your act, your low life is showing.

Old December 27th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Illinois Fisherman wrote:

Moron! Well, I guess you are right.

See there ? I just knew we could agree on something.

I just wanted this group to know who
they were dealing with. Now I, and the rest of the group can just disregard
your posts as they have nothing to contribute to the nice people here.

Well, you could have disregarded my posts *before* you started
in with the name-calling, but where's the fun in that ? As for
contributing here, you're right I don't have much. I don't own
an outboard motor, a trolling motor, any electronic fish finders
or even a pick up truck. But I can catch bass on a fly rod and
on those admittedly rare occasions when that topic comes up I
do try my best to be helpful.

You know, I have to admit that Al is a better person than you, Dang, even
Rodney is. Have a nice miserable life. Now, go away twit.

And you're one of the *nice* people here ? Well, I'd sure hate to
meet the ones who aren't nice. ;-) As for going away, no, I don't
think so. I've been here on and off since this newsgroup was spun
off of rec.fishing and I'll be here on and off for as long as I
damn well please. And you are *STILL* a friggin' moron.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old December 27th, 2004, 10:55 PM
mhood

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Illinois Fisherman wrote:

What a pampas ass you are.

I may be a pompous ass, but at least I can spell it.

Did he just call you pampas grass?

mhood
Old December 27th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Ken Fortenberry

mhood wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Illinois Fisherman wrote:
What a pampas ass you are.

I may be a pompous ass, but at least I can spell it.

Did he just call you pampas grass?

Sounds to me like he wanted to engage in a battle of wits
and then discovered too late that he was unarmed. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old December 27th, 2004, 11:51 PM
doS

I concur, aggrogant lot, the most of the them. You have to be in the in
crowd to be accepted, I guess. We have "bassholes" locally too.No wonder
some people talk down bassers...

"David Norton" wrote in message
Ya know , I have really really tried to be quiet in regards to this and

most
of the threads lately. But there appears to
be some on this NG that jest don't know when to shut the
F%$ck up!

Which is one of the main reasons I don't contribute much here anymore.
To: the folks at Secret Weapons, Thanks for the offer. Wish I could take

you
up on it. Joe, you know how much I love to throw a spinnerbait. Especially

S/W! But you also know that I will probably not have much use for them in
the near future.

To those of you who jest can't seem to accept a gracious
offer like that of S/W jeez I'm soooooooo sorry! And **** off. S/W's offer
was in no way couched like some of the others I have read in the past. I
personally don't consider their offer to be spam.

Wish I I could hang around here to really raise some hell.
But it seems that I will be spending the next 6 months in merry ole

London.
Wish I could ask that you all play nice
but I know that is not in the forecast.

--