2005 - A GREAT SPORT FISHING YEAR ON CAPE COD, MA

Old December 27th, 2005, 03:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing

Default 2005 - A GREAT SPORT FISHING YEAR ON CAPE COD, MA

2005 was a great year. We caught Stripers and Blues early in the season
on Tom Shoal at Marthas Vineyard and Bearse Shoal at Monomoy. Most were
released for another day. We won the Allen Harbor 4th of July Fishing
Tournament for the second year in a row. The best mid to late season
Striped Bass and Bluefish action was at Nantucket(Sankaty),
Monomoy(Bearse Shoal and High Bank), Chatham(Inlet) and Nauset.
The school/medium bluefin tuna bite was the best I have seen in years.
We pursued them in August and September at Crab Ledge, the "BC" buoy
and the Regal Sword. We had many charters with 10-15 plus school/medium
Bluefin up to 90# on stand-up 30's and 50's. Anglers were allowed to
keep one to three fish depending on the NMFS regs on the day of the
charter.
In October we started Giant Tuna fishing and had three beauties in
three straight days. 700# plus, 600# plus and 550#. One of our 2004
catches, 540#, was featured in the On The Water magazine TV show on
NESN this year. The 2005 (550#) tuna will be shown on the Offshore
magazine TV show featuring Allen Harbor this winter. For more specific
info please visit www.maverickchartersltd.com or contact me.

Tight Lines,
Capt. Jack Riley
www.maverickchartersltd.com