CITGO - Friend or Foe? What Do We Do Folk

Old September 17th, 2005, 11:53 PM
GL3Loomis

Default CITGO - Friend or Foe? What Do We Do Folk

Since CITGO is a major sponsor of Bass Fishing are they really friend or
foe? President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela (Venezuela owns CITGO and President
Chavez controls it) is an ememy of the state according to the Bush
Adminstration. Yet was a friend right up until now, and they are still
pumping millions of dollars in the relief effort of Katrina.

So are they the ememy and we need to boycott all the companies and
organizations that support them (bass fishing organizations, nascar, etc.),
or do we say the Bush Adminstration is all wet and welcome CITGO's support?

-----
Craig Baugher

Old September 18th, 2005, 12:51 AM
SHRED

GL3Loomis wrote:
Since CITGO is a major sponsor of Bass Fishing are they really friend or
foe? President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela (Venezuela owns CITGO and President
Chavez controls it) is an ememy of the state according to the Bush
Adminstration. Yet was a friend right up until now, and they are still
pumping millions of dollars in the relief effort of Katrina.

So are they the ememy and we need to boycott all the companies and
organizations that support them (bass fishing organizations, nascar, etc.),
or do we say the Bush Adminstration is all wet and welcome CITGO's support?

-----
Craig Baugher

I'd like to hear about any oil company that deserves our support. Look
at their profit margins, how they influence our government, wars we
fight, and then what we are paying for gas.

Chavez is not the problem this administration tries to hype him up as.
I'd buy Citgo before Exxon any day. While no President is an "angel", he
has done many social improvements for his country and was elected by the
majority. To call him a "Dictator" is simply ignoring reality and
succumbing to political rhetoric.
http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005518
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3569012.stm

Nationalizing the Venezuelan oil industry really ****ed off the oil
executives in the Bush sphere of influence.
When the USA embraced 2002 coup attempt took place, millions marched in
the streets to have him reinstated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezue...ttempt_of_2002

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Chavez
http://www.projectcensored.org/publi...s/2004/12.html
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005...6_015_7_05.txt

The Bush Administration is upset with him on a lot of business levels
and the fact that Chavez is critical of USA interventions in South and
Central America. Take their criticism with a grain of salt.

--
~~SHRED
Old September 18th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Steve & Chris Clark

Pat Robertson (of 700 club fame) should be in jail with dry bread and
water.......he's a terrorist!
Pres. Chavez now lives in fear because of him.
Georgie B. should posy up and go round him up as global damage control.
Sadam needs a cell mate, Patty can put the brimstone to the spider holer.
Sadam can slag Pat and Pat can slag Sadam till the end of days.....
--
S. LOL!