Will Global Warming Affect Our Fishing?

Old October 14th, 2007, 02:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

Default Will Global Warming Affect Our Fishing?

We can't ignore it, Global Warming is here and over time it is bound
to affect our Sport of Fishing.In some areas, in a worst case
scenario, rivers and lakes will run dry. In other areas of the world,
rainfall may increase enough to create new rivers and lakes.As the
seasons become warmer it gives the fish a longer period of growth each
year, so they will become larger and record fish will be caught more
frequently. Now that can't be a bad thing.How this Global Warming
thingy will affect sea fishing I don't know. It may mean fish will
just move to other areas and the fisherman/fisherwoman will need to
find the new spots.Things are bound to change over time, there is
nothing we can do, only adapt to whatever happens.Albert.BWebmaster
http://fishingcave.com

Old October 14th, 2007, 07:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
MoiMoi

In article . com,
says...

We can't ignore it, Global Warming is here

Get back to us on that in a couple hundred years or so...

MM
Old October 15th, 2007, 02:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

"The Web site JunkScience.com has raised its "prize" offering from
$100,000 to $125,000 for anyone who can actually supply proof that
human emissions of greenhouse gases are causing global warming.

In presenting its Ultimate Global Warming Challenge, the Web site
states: "If you think it's a no-brainer that humans are causing
catastrophic global warming, here's your opportunity to earn an easy
$125,000."

The challenge: "$125,000 will be awarded to the first person to prove,
in a scientific manner, that humans are causing harmful global
warming."

If you really beleive in Gore's stuff, go for it. Get a bunch of money
easily. All you gotta do is prove your claims. No one has, so far.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 15th, 2007, 03:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Ronnie wrote:
"The Web site JunkScience.com has raised its "prize" offering from
$100,000 to $125,000 for anyone who can actually supply proof that
human emissions of greenhouse gases are causing global warming.

In presenting its Ultimate Global Warming Challenge, the Web site
states: "If you think it's a no-brainer that humans are causing
catastrophic global warming, here's your opportunity to earn an easy
$125,000."

The challenge: "$125,000 will be awarded to the first person to prove,
in a scientific manner, that humans are causing harmful global
warming."

If you really beleive in Gore's stuff, go for it. Get a bunch of money
easily. All you gotta do is prove your claims. No one has, so far.

LOL !! If the IPCC can't collect then "The Challenge" is bull****.

Here's a "challenge" for you Ronnie: "One Budweiser will be awarded
to the first person to prove, in a scientific manner, that the earth
is round."

All you gotta do is prove it to my satisfaction. No one has, so far.

LOL !!

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old October 15th, 2007, 08:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Robert L Bass

"Ronnie" wrote:

"The Web site JunkScience.com has raised its "prize" offering from
$100,000 to $125,000 for anyone who can actually supply proof that
human emissions of greenhouse gases are causing global warming.

The Nobel committee has apparently decided that Al Gore has already
done so.

In presenting its Ultimate Global Warming Challenge, the Web site
states: "If you think it's a no-brainer that humans are causing
catastrophic global warming, here's your opportunity to earn an
easy $125,000."

The challenge: "$125,000 will be awarded to the first person to
prove, in a scientific manner, that humans are causing harmful
global warming."

If you really beleive in Gore's stuff, go for it. Get a bunch of
money easily. All you gotta do is prove your claims. No one has,
so far.

I guess it depends on what you consider a standard for proof. In the
scientific community, it's not 100%. There is always the
understanding that scientific certainty about future events such as
catastrophic climate change is simply not attainable until after the
fact. The problem is that if Gore is right there might not be a
scientific community after the fact.

I'll leave it to more smarter, knowledgeable folks to say whether
Gore is right. I read his book and I've read a few others on the
subject. I've also had conversations with a friend who is a
scientist with the NAS. From what I've been able to learn so far, it
seems to me that we're on the path to disaster. Then again, I could
be wrong.

I'm old enough that it probably won't be in my lifetime so I may
never know for sure. But I have children and one of these days I'll
have grandchildren. I sure hope we leave them a habitable planet.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================
Bass Home Electronics
941-925-8650
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================

Old October 15th, 2007, 07:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

I'm old enough that it probably won't be in my lifetime so I may never
know for sure. But I have children and one of these days I'll have
grandchildren. I sure hope we leave them a habitable planet.
--
Regards,
Robert L Bass
==========

Life is like a "fungus" on little bits of the Universe....occasionally
the Universe takes a bath and rids its self of the pesky stuff. Until
then, relax and enjoy your brief stay!

So, lets all go fishing before we get the "Clorox" dumped on us .

Besides that, a few idiots with "hair triggers" will probably take care
of the clean up before global warming has her chance!

Old October 16th, 2007, 05:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Robert L Bass

We can't ignore it, Global [SPAMMING]...

Old October 16th, 2007, 12:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

When I was working on my first Masters Degree back in the mid 1970s I
had to write a report on Global Cooling and the Coming Ice Age as
predicted by most of the so called experts at the time. It even made
the cover of Time Magazine in 1975. I was young and gullible back
then and accepted what the media was spouting without looking for
opposing views. No more. I have no doubt the dire predictions of
global warming are just as accurate as the dire predictions of global
cooling 30 years ago. I hope I have another 25 years to live and
don't doubt I will see full cycle and predictions of a new ice age by
2032.

For all you true believers -. What are you doing to lower your carbon
footprint? Please tell us what changes you have made in your
lifestyle the past two or three years to combat your global
warming? What changes are you willing to make in the next year?

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 16th, 2007, 01:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

For some of the other ideas:

Nature, not man, is to blame, Gore critic insists
By Steve Lyttle

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - One of the world's foremost meteorologists Friday
called the theory that helped Al Gore win a share of the Nobel Prize
"ridiculous" and the product of "people who don't understand how the
atmosphere works."

Rest at http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...belgray13.html
for those willing to think.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 16th, 2007, 02:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Ronnie wrote:
For some of the other ideas:

Nature, not man, is to blame, Gore critic insists
By Steve Lyttle

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - One of the world's foremost meteorologists Friday
called the theory that helped Al Gore win a share of the Nobel Prize
"ridiculous" and the product of "people who don't understand how the
atmosphere works."

Rest at http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...belgray13.html
for those willing to think.

Listen to a lot of Limbaugh, do ya Ronnie ? "For those
willing to think", that's funny. The IPCC is not some
media creation foisted upon the American people by left
wing loonies. They represent the vast majority of real
climate scientists in the world and their consensus is
the scientific consensus.

I do hold the media responsible for blatant misrepresentation
however because they give equal weight to the rapidly
diminishing number of denier crackpots. For every blurb
on a crackpot like you cite in the Seattle paper there
should be, in all fairness, two or three hundred blurbs
on real science.

--
Ken Fortenberry