Fourth Final Annual Penns smallmouth Float Trip

Old April 2nd, 2004, 05:43 AM
Asadi

Default Fourth Final Annual Penns smallmouth Float Trip

If ever there was going to be a chance for anyone to fish for smallmouth
(besides Uncle Wally) during Penns, this is it.

I pinged Rosenblatt but haven't yet got a response - let's give him a few
more days.

The early weather - (smallmouth have been moving up . . .here, that's about
four to six weeks early!!!) - should it hold, would make it seem ridiculous
to miss this type of fishing.

Hell, I 'read' about the Shennendoah and the Potomac.

Should anybody be interested, I will - again, but for the last time- haul
some fishing kayaks in anticipation.

All I need is a man with the plan. Gimme a day, gimme a time, gimme a beer.
Wolfgang will drive. One additional vehicle would be nice to park downriver
at the take out point but we can manage if need be.

john

did I spell that right?

Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:17 PM
Frank Church

"Asadi" wrote in
ink.net:

Dang John, what are you smoking this morning? I noticed the time stamp on
your posts (I can't remember when you've posted that many consecutive
posts) Anyway, good to see you up and around at that weird hour. What's
this about a smallie float trip at Penns? You got me interested now, and
would the water in question be a satisfactory venue for my float boat or
tube? (ie: blowdowns and snags to deal with?) Details please.

Frank Church
....always ready for a smallie safari..
Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:49 PM
Wolfgang

"Asadi" wrote in message
ink.net...

...smallmouth...

I'm in.

...Wolfgang will drive...

Okie dokie.

Wolfgang
um.....does walmart sell those.....whattyacallit....driver's license
thingies?

Old April 2nd, 2004, 11:28 PM
Tom Littleton

Wolfgang wonders:
um.....does walmart sell those.....whattyacallit....driver's license
thingies?

shoot, no, you just go online nowadays!
Tom
Old April 3rd, 2004, 03:06 AM
Asadi

Well, from Joshua's posts last year, he got into some good smallmouth on a
river or two.

I'd hate to go cold but I suppose the research could be done...nicer to have
a local guide.

Yeah, the rivers would work for your tube or boat, at least from what I
remember Joshua saying.

I can bring a passel of kayaks, but then I've always brought a couple and
never used them.

Looks like Wolf, Jim, You and I....I can bring up to four or five
kayaks....our other vehicle should be a truck of some kind...

Okay, everybody google for info on smallmouth....I'll drop the Feathered
hook a line...you guys see what you can come up with..

john

PS. Frank, you know we have a don't ask don't tell policy on what I've been
smokin'...but I did hit Smoky Bones BBQ last night to two martinis and had a
six of Guinness stashed in the garage...get a beer take a toke...
9.11...

Old April 3rd, 2004, 01:29 PM
Frank Church

"Asadi" wrote in
ink.net:

Yeah, the rivers would work for your tube or boat, at least from what
I remember Joshua saying.

I can bring a passel of kayaks, but then I've always brought a couple
and never used them.

....thanks for the offer of a yak but a lower back problem forces me to seek
full back support in the form of a "regular" seat with backrest such as I
have in either the pontoon boat or float tube. Previous to this I have not
been following the Penns threads so what are the proposed dates here?

Frank Church