Information and Help on Barrel Swivels

Old November 1st, 2003, 04:51 PM
Pigmaster

Default Information and Help on Barrel Swivels

Hi,

I am trying to locate a UK online supplier of Barrel Swivels or any
other swivel but I am finding it hard to locate the size I require.

I need a swivel with an eye ID of at least 6mm.

Biggst I have found is the Berkley Swivel 2/0 but this is too small, I
need somthing twice at large if you know what I mean :-)

I have been told I need a 6/0 swivel but my local takle shop does not
supply them and suggest a deep sea tackle shop.

Any body help?
Old November 1st, 2003, 05:26 PM
Alex

"Pigmaster" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have been told I need a 6/0 swivel but my local takle shop does not
supply them and suggest a deep sea tackle shop.

Any body help?

You can get 4/0 from here
http://www.jims-mail-order.co.uk/fis...02/swivels.htm

Old November 3rd, 2003, 01:19 AM
Marty

"Pigmaster" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am trying to locate a UK online supplier of Barrel Swivels or any
other swivel but I am finding it hard to locate the size I require.

I need a swivel with an eye ID of at least 6mm.

Biggst I have found is the Berkley Swivel 2/0 but this is too small, I
need somthing twice at large if you know what I mean :-)

I have been told I need a 6/0 swivel but my local takle shop does not
supply them and suggest a deep sea tackle shop.

Any body help?

I am sure Mike at uk hooks can help you www.uk-hooks.com
his website is not up to much but phone him and i am sure he will be able to
help.
ask for one of his catalogues,he has a vast supply of fishing accessories
and his prices are very good ,i bet his hooks (all top quality Mustad
,Vmc,Eagle Claw etc) are the cheapest in the uk.
i have used him twice before and can't fault his service or prices
he is based on the Isle of White (i am up in Sunderland ) and has a very
speedy service.

Old November 3rd, 2003, 05:02 PM
Alex

"The Big Man" wrote in message
I have to ask, what do you need swivels this size for?

A Garden swing!

Old November 4th, 2003, 12:49 PM

Suggest you go to a chandler and get some anchor swivels, they can be
obtained in galvanised or stainless steel

Check this site out

http://mysite.freeserve.com/boatfittings

Hope it helps

Dave S