Maine fishing season?

Old February 20th, 2005, 04:01 PM
riverman

Default Maine fishing season?

I could look this up online, but its simpler to post here. :-)

When does the openwater season begin in Maine for trout, togue and other
freshwater fly fishing? I'm going to be in state for the last week of March,
first week of April, and some of the southern water might be less solid by
then. If so, I'd like to fish.

--riverman

Old February 20th, 2005, 04:31 PM
riverman

"riverman" wrote in message
I could look this up online, but its simpler to post here. :-)

When does the openwater season begin in Maine for trout, togue and other
freshwater fly fishing? I'm going to be in state for the last week of
March, first week of April, and some of the southern water might be less
solid by then. If so, I'd like to fish.

--riverman

Nevermind.....April 1 is opening season statewide. Which sucks, because I
will probaby be flying back here on March 31. Where can a guy fish during
the window of March 20-31 between Maine and DC?

--riverman

Old February 20th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Jeff Miller

riverman wrote:

"riverman" wrote in message

I could look this up online, but its simpler to post here. :-)

When does the openwater season begin in Maine for trout, togue and other
freshwater fly fishing? I'm going to be in state for the last week of
March, first week of April, and some of the southern water might be less
solid by then. If so, I'd like to fish.

--riverman

Nevermind.....April 1 is opening season statewide. Which sucks, because I
will probaby be flying back here on March 31. Where can a guy fish during
the window of March 20-31 between Maine and DC?

--riverman

travel just a few hours south of dc on i-95 and i'd be happy to show you
some shad and other assorted offerings in eastern nc...

jeff

Old February 20th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Mike

Myron as you drive through Ct. pull off at exit 72 I think anyway the
route 72 exit off 84 take a left go to bottom of hill on the righthand
side of the bridge is catch and release fishing open year round trophy
trout area also

The Handy One

Old February 20th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Mike

Sorry Myron it's the route 74 exit or exit 69

Old February 21st, 2005, 01:10 AM
Wayne Knight

"riverman" wrote in message

Nevermind.....April 1 is opening season statewide. Which sucks, because I
will probaby be flying back here on March 31. Where can a guy fish during
the window of March 20-31 between Maine and DC?

Massachusetts, and I think PA.

Old February 21st, 2005, 02:24 AM
Frank Reid

Nevermind.....April 1 is opening season statewide. Which sucks, because I
will probaby be flying back here on March 31. Where can a guy fish during
the window of March 20-31 between Maine and DC?

Gunpowder.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old February 21st, 2005, 03:38 AM
Sarge

Why would someone want to live where the fishing season closes. Move to a
state where you can fish year round wihout freezing your #%$ off.

Sarge

Old February 21st, 2005, 04:04 AM
Richard Fortuna

There is some year round fishing on the Kennebec and St George Rivers. There
may be some others I'm not aware of in the southern end of the state.

Richard Fortuna