Southern Classic 2005

Old May 1st, 2004, 04:18 PM
Roy Randolph

Default Southern Classic 2005

Well I will be in mid season of the BFL and NBBAA during the summer so I
don't think I could make it. April in FL is a great time for me with snow
still on the ground I can go fish in warm weather and not get in the way of
my tournaments

Did any one see Shaw G. on TOHO today on the OLN channel? All I can say is
big fish!

"Fritz Nordengren" wrote in message
So how about it? Champlain in Summer if not this year, put the wheels
in motion for next year?

And as a note, while prizes are cool and all, I think just as a many
people would come without goodie bags and door prizes -- and if you
wanted, you could make the dinner a "bring something to share" pot luck
like of deal....

Any of your NE cohorts want to scout out a lodge/campground/ neighbor's
front yard for us to call home?

go-bassn wrote:

I for one would LOVE to see a NE Classic on Lake Champlain. That way

RichZ
might even show up lol.

Mallets Bay would be a great starting point, in the Burlington Vt

area...

Warren

"Fritz Nordengren" wrote in message

I know we hashed this around before -- but I'd suggest to the group we
expand the offerings to 3 events a year. I know, not *everyone* could
make all three, but it might open the doors for some of our lurkers --
or geographically challenged anglers --- to attend one of these fun
tourneys.

Big O is farther than I care to travel but I think it's an awesome place
for a tourney -- especially with Moe and Doc in charge.

Georgia / SC/ Texas all have outstanding fisheries.

And if Tennessee is great, Barkely sounds awesome -- maybe fishing from
either the KY or Tn side.

And while we're on a mini - rant: how about if Warren, Rich Z and those
two from NY/NJ: ThunderKing and AlwaysFishboy get together and put on a
North East get together.

Heck, we could do a spring, summer, fall and winter tourney!!!!!

(PS: Yes, we could do an Iowa tourney -- but the only hawgs here have
four legs and are standing in light at the slaughter house. Now deer
hunting, hmmmm, that's a different news group)

Thundercat wrote:

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:24:02 GMT, "alwayfishking"
wrote:

Eufaula sounds nice to me, but hey Okee wasn't too shabby. I'd just as

soon

go right back there as a matter of fact I am going back there and

everyone

can come too!!!!!

If it is at The Big O next year, I will be there. No questions asked.
I would LOVE to go back there if at all possible. However, you know
that Eufala is on "The List" and would be a no brainer too. Santee
Cooper didn't look too shabby as we drove across Lake Marion last
Sunday...

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message

Well if it isn't Mr. ThunderBuoy!

Hey Now! *Ding ding*.....

"Thundercat" wrote in message
om...

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:02:28 -0400, "Jerry Barton"
wrote:

Eufaula sounds better.

Ding! Sounds like a winner to me...

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Old May 1st, 2004, 05:08 PM
RGarri7470

Eufaula sounds better.

"Jerry Barton

Interestingly enough, I was looking at the May Field and Stream and one of top
5 places to go for bass in the Where To Go article on Bass Heaven (p132) is
West Point Lake and Highland Marina. (I wonder how much they had to pay?) The
Georgia Top Six will be on West Point in early April next year (out of Southern
Harbor Marina.)
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:43 PM
Justin Hires

"Charles Summers" wrote in message ...
There are just too many good places to fish between Kentucky and Florida,
that it's getting hard to decide which ones to fish. Here are some good ones
(not based on personal experience) in the Tennessee Area.

1: Kentucky/Barkley Lakes (I've fished Barkley)
2: Douglas Lake
3: Old Hickory Lake (Fished this one too)
4: Watts Bar
5: Pickwick
6: Reelfoot (Think very shallow)
7: Nickajack Lake
8: Center Hill Lake
9: Dale Hollow Lake
10: Tellico Lake
11: Tims Ford Lake

Of the above lakes, numbers 1, 2, 8, and 9 would be my choices for another
Tennessee location. Kentucky/Barkley lakes would be a more centralize
location for almost everyone and maybe we can even get some of the
Westerners to think about joining.

April is always a pretty good month, as is May. I'm free for anything next
year.

"RGarri7470" wrote in message
Any plans set yet? Dates and lake?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Lake Barkley,Lake Barkley.....sounds good to me!!!!!!!!

-Justin
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:13 PM
Paul A.

The ideas got my vote. I'll definitely show up!

"go-bassn" wrote in message
I for one would LOVE to see a NE Classic on Lake Champlain.=A0 That way
RichZ
might even show up lol......