Senko Rigging

Old October 29th, 2007, 03:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Senko Rigging

Amazingly I didn't start wacky rigging because I thought it got more
bites. In some circumstances I believe it does, but that wasn't the reason.
I started wacky rigging because of the number either missed or gut hooked
fish. I watched senko after senko slip right out of the closed mmouth of a
bass in open water where I could see them. Bizzarre.

Fishing one day a couple years ago with Lannes Brock and Joe Haubenreich
I got to watch it repeated. Lannes missed several bites t-rigging or
t-posing a senko on a wide gap hook. I was amazed at how this guy with 50
years experience on the river kept missing fish. Finally he exhibited one
of his long learned skills. Patience. He let a little bass swim around for
what seemed like five minutes before finally setting the hook. He did hook
it. Deep. We spent some time on that fish trying to get the hook out.

Continued http://tinyurl.com/24sp4a

..
..
..
..

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old October 30th, 2007, 02:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Haubenreich

Good post, Bob.... you told a story and presented your evidence in a
convincing manner.

I remember that day an those fish very well.... Of course, when one catches
so few fish, the ones that were taken sort of leap out at in memory, don't
they?

Joe
---------------------
.. .

Old October 30th, 2007, 03:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Joe Haubenreich" wrote in
message . ..
Good post, Bob.... you told a story and presented your evidence in a
convincing manner.

Thank You. Thank You. (bows pompously)

I remember that day an those fish very well.... Of course, when one
catches
so few fish, the ones that were taken sort of leap out at in memory, don't
they?

Ouch. LOL. I think I might be able to find a few more fish next time. Of
course having Lannes and I arguing about the best places to fish and
splitting the difference probably didn't help any.