COST OF FISHING LICENSE

Old September 15th, 2004, 03:52 PM
tommy

Default COST OF FISHING LICENSE

What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp. And
now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license is
worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license, if
you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to make it
so the poor man can't fish any more
my 2 cents what's yours?
Tommy

Old September 15th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Chris Rennert

In Wisconsin , we have $20 for your regular license (little cheaper if you
buy a husband/wife combo meaning it is not $40, but I am not sure what the
price is.)
Also i fish Steelhead, so I need a great lakes stamp which is $10, and I
also fish inland trout a bit so that is another $10, so to fish everywhere
in Wisconsin (for the most part) it would cost me $40.

Chris

Old September 15th, 2004, 04:26 PM
pat gustafson

In Illinois it's $13 for the license and then it's another $6.50 for
each of the Lake Michigan and Inland Trout stamps.

pat

Old September 15th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Illinois Fisherman

Compared to the cost of a boat its cheap. Ill - $13.00 for Lic.

Boat sticker for the Chain O'Lakes $64.00 Boat sticker and Gate key for my
local lake $72.00
Membership in my Fishing club $24.00

What do you have to complain about. All you need to do is save $2.00 per
month - 7 cents per day to afford it. Turn off one 100 watt light bulb and
you will have enough money to afford you lic.Heck I spend more than $38.00
in outboard oil per year.

You pay more for your internet connection than $38.00 a year, right!

Old September 15th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Chris Rennert

I agree, If I see improvements in the habitat, improvements in launch
facilities, improvements anywhere on the water, I don't care about having to
pay $40. I would actually pay a voluntary extra $10 per year if we could
somehow put more Game Wardens out there to patrol the waters.

Chris
news

Old September 15th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Charles Summers

$28.00 (2005) here in Tennessee, and as long as the money is used for
fishing and small game... I'll pay it without complaining.

Old September 15th, 2004, 06:39 PM
tommy

I guess ours is about average then so I guess there is nothing to complain
about our regesteration for our boats depends on the size average from $25
to $60 dollars for a 2 year tag we haven't been hit with a tag to fish
certain lakes yet so be quite about that so they don't hear you and get any
ideas ,I guess I can't really complain much it tears up $100 BILL when I
fill up for a weekend run
thanks for the replys I was just curious.
tommy