COST OF FISHING LICENSE

Old September 15th, 2004, 06:56 PM
alwaysfishking

Default COST OF FISHING LICENSE

Charging for sal****er fishing...what a shame.

"tommy" wrote in message
I guess ours is about average then so I guess there is nothing to complain
about our regesteration for our boats depends on the size average from $25
to $60 dollars for a 2 year tag we haven't been hit with a tag to fish
certain lakes yet so be quite about that so they don't hear you and get

any
ideas ,I guess I can't really complain much it tears up $100 BILL when I
fill up for a weekend run
thanks for the replys I was just curious.
tommy

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
$28.00 (2005) here in Tennessee, and as long as the money is used for
fishing and small game... I'll pay it without complaining.

"tommy" wrote in message
What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er

stamp.
And
now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license

is
worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license,
if
you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to

make
it
so the poor man can't fish any more
my 2 cents what's yours?
Tommy

Old September 15th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Budd Cochran

$26 plus a second rod stamp ($10, iirc) which can only be used on certain
waters, and there's a S.A.R. surcharge for an "insurance" for when you get
yourself lost in the desert here in Utah.

Budd

Old September 15th, 2004, 08:45 PM
SimRacer

"tommy" wrote in message
What is the cost of fishing license in your states?
In Texas we were required to buy a fishing license it was only good for
freshwater, if you fished in sal****er you had to buy a sal****er stamp.

And
now this year you have to buy a freshwater stamp, so a fishing license is
worthless without either stamp they are calling it a all water license, if
you buy both. What a rip off $38 dollars for both they are trying to make

it
so the poor man can't fish any more
my 2 cents what's yours?
Tommy

Current NC resident cost to fish for a year, is $15.

Apparently, we are getting a new requirement for a sal****er licensing
starting in 05 or 06, which will be a first for us. We never needed a
license to fish the sal****er before now. We don't even have a cost on that
yet that I know of, but I am somewhat out of the loop. My dad gave me a
Lifetime Sportman's License when I was 12, so I haven't had to buy anything
in almost 25 years...well, I would've had to buy the Fed Duck stamp were I a
duck hunter, but I ain't, so I haven't had to.

Also, you're not required to hold a freshwater license to fish in NC if a)
you're a fulltime 'permanent' NC resident or military stationed in NC, b)
you're fishing in the county that you reside in and c) you aren't using
artificial bait.

Old September 15th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Huck Palmatier

Default COST OF FISHING LICENSE- Virginia

....for the Commonwealth of Virginia
Freshwater: Valid from date of purchace until 31Dec. Not prorated, and
there's a $ . 50 "issuing fee" for each.
To fish in county or city of residence* 5.00
To fish statewide* 12.00
To fish statewide for 5 consecutive days (not valid in designated stocked
waters) 5.00
To fish in designated stocked trout waters (This license required in
addition to other resident licenses if fishing in these waters) 12.00
65 and over license to fish* 1.00
Totally and permanently disabled resident special lifetime license*, only
available through Richmond office 5.00
Service-connected totally and permanently Disabled Veteran resident lifetime
license* to hunt and freshwater fish (available only through Richmond
Office) 5.00
Nonresident Fees

To fish statewide ** 30.00

To fish statewide for 5 consecutive days ** 6.00

To fish in designated stocked trout waters (This license required in
addition to other resident licenses if fishing in these waters) 30.00

Nonresident special lifetime license to fish ** available only through
Richmond office 500.00

Nonresident special lifetime trout license to fish in designated stocked
trout waters, (A valid nonresident fishing license is also required);
available only through Richmond office 500.00

Each municipality/county may also charge for misc, decals and personal
property tax. For example, the City of Norfolk levies a personal property
tax on all pleasure boats including sail boats, motor boats, and other
non-commercial watercraft. The tax rate is based on the ABOS Marine Blue
Book low estimated trade-in value at the rate of $0.01 per $100.00. The
City of Norfolk also requires all pleasure boat owners to display a boat
decal on their watercraft. 16' =$10 and 16'+ =$25.

.................additionally a Resident Coastal Sal****er license costs
$7.50., and my "non-resident" NC license costs $30 (good for a full year
from date of purchace).

Old September 15th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Henry Hefner

SimRacer wrote:
"tommy" wrote in message

[...]

When I was younger, Texas didn't require a license if you were fishing
in your home county with a cane pole(no reel). And a license was only
about 15 bucks. Now if a poor man wants to catch some bream to feed his
family he has to buy a $28 license.