Can You Pinpoint the Exact Spot...

Old November 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Can You Pinpoint the Exact Spot...

Can you pinpoint the exact spot where you caught your very first bass?

I can. I remember it very well.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...97&Y=18181&W=1

1974 on inline spinnerbaits. Hooked a bunch and landed a few.

Old November 10th, 2007, 04:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Can you pinpoint the exact spot where you caught your very first bass?

I can. I remember it very well.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...97&Y=18181&W=1

1974 on inline spinnerbaits. Hooked a bunch and landed a few.

Hey Joe, I drove you past that spot.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old November 10th, 2007, 05:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Bob La Londe wrote:
Can you pinpoint the exact spot where you caught your very first bass?

I can. I remember it very well.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ima...97&Y=18181&W=1

1974 on inline spinnerbaits. Hooked a bunch and landed a few.

Dang I can remember the first fish,, a blue gill caught on a cane pole
from a great aunt's farm pond,, that was 51 years ago, it is the only
memory I have left when I was 3 years old, but I can still see
everything that happened that day. My older Brother flipping a cow paddy
getting the worms, the stick we used as a float, my cousin yelling for
me to raise the pole, when the stick went under, my Dad's face when I
ran up to the house to show him my fish. ( I will never forget that day
as long as I live)

My first Bass was just another fish I guess, as it does not stand out now

Now my son's first bass I remember, I even have a photo from 30 years
ago,, I will post it over on alt.binaries.pictures.fishing

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
Old November 10th, 2007, 10:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Can you pinpoint the exact spot where you caught your very first bass?

No. But I'm sure I can get within1/4 mile. It was at New York's Cayuga Lake
and this was not my actual first bass, but my first keeper, in July 1970, a
year after I started fishing. I remember it just as if it were yesterday. A
16"er on a Hula Popper in mid-afternoon on a July day under bluebird skies.

Old November 11th, 2007, 04:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BassMr

1967 Arkansas, distant relative's farm pond, cane pole with a cricket,
probably 1.5# bass that was a blast on the cane pole and I "ain't been
right since".

Old November 11th, 2007, 05:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

Can you pinpoint the exact spot where you caught your very first bass?

========

(The first one)

The Stones River, right above the mill pond in Halls Hill, Tn. On a cane
pole with a worm. It was maybe 8 inches long.

(The last one)

This morning in front of the cabin, On a spinner bait, Ardent bait
caster, and Tour Edition Quantum PT rod. It was about 15 inches long.

Guess which one was the most fun, and the most memorable.

John B

Old November 11th, 2007, 11:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joe Haubenreich

Yes, I remember your pointing it out to me.

Joe
------------
"Bob La Londe" srote:
Hey Joe, I drove you past that spot.

Old December 5th, 2007, 09:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ed Chait

Echo Park in downtown Los Angeles.

I was about 11 years old and fishing for crappie with a little gold spoon.

I had finished a retrieve and was pulling the spoon out of the water when a
bass grabbed it.

Yanked it onto the bank and that was my first bass.

Ed Chait