boat

Old November 7th, 2003, 09:21 PM
G. M. Zimmermann

Default boat

I'm planning on building a cajun sneak boat. I want to use it for a fishing
situation in a small shallow bay. What is the optimal colour to paint the
submerged portion so it doesn't scare the fish ? It's a nice starter project.

I have a bit of a "mad scientist" streak myself and I always wondered why
the hull would have to be a single color? Ever see WWI warships with a
"Razzel Dazzel" paint scheme? Wouldn't a similar color scheme of large
irregular shapes in white, gray, blue, and black break up the outline of the
hull, disguising its size, shape, speed and direction? Of course I suspect
most of the times anything viewing a boat from below whould be seeing it as a
silouette without any color at all...

-Zimmy
Old November 7th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Brad Coovert

If you've read this far, then you also know that the density of the
water has a great deal to do with the light angle of refraction.
However, the density of the author of this question is beyond any
possible scientific measurement.

LOL! Love it!
Brad Coovert, 2003 Tournament Director, Greenfield Bassmasters
Please visit our sponsors:
http://www.geocities.com/greenfieldb...ponsorPage.htm

Old November 7th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Brad Coovert

Wouldn't a similar color scheme of large
irregular shapes in white, gray, blue, and black break up the outline of the
hull, disguising its size, shape, speed and direction?

If he did that, he'd just lose the boat.

Old November 7th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Gone Angling

I think i'll go with experience rather than Fritz's impressive conjectures. I
will research what a Cajun would paint his boat. I suspect the result will be a
varying shades of green. The colour would also give you you a stealth presence
against the shorelines.

Old November 7th, 2003, 11:21 PM
RichZ

All you needed to do was scroll to the last paragraph

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old November 8th, 2003, 12:34 AM
Steve Erwin

I saw that. I was just joking about the first12" of stuff. I aint smart
enough to know if it was jibberish or true, but smart enough to know he was
screwing with him, LOL.

Old November 8th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Steve Erwin

That's the best suggestion yet! Maybe his lads wouldn't see him, LOL.

"Illinois Fisherman" wrote in message
y.com...

Melt fluorocarbon line in a glue gun and smear it all over da boat. Fish
can't see ya commin dat way. Optimum water refectory color dats what
fluorocarbon can do for ya.

Old November 8th, 2003, 02:42 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Well heck, now that you explain it in simple terms like that, it makes a lot of sense........Heck,
any idiot can understand that!
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Old November 8th, 2003, 11:04 PM
Gone Angling

Those that mock probably couldn't even drive a nail home without making it
crooked.