spinnerbaits

Old January 28th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Buckshot Buckshot

Default spinnerbaits

spinnerbaits work well with a tenneesee thumper and a colorado willow
white head n skirt with a black n chartruse with a rattle can be jigged
or retrieved fast or slow 3/4 oz works best i have had great sucess
with this bail lake of pond fishing any one wanna talk email me

Old January 28th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Bob Rickard

What is a "Tennessee Thumper", and what is a "Colorado Willow"? My question
is sincere with absolutely no disrespect intended.

Thanks,

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

Old January 29th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Jack Dalzell Jr.

Bob,
I'm not sure what a "Tennessee Thumper" is, but I bet the Colorado
Willow is a turtleback. Could the "tennesse thumper" be a baseball bat?
Jack
~~
Jack Dalzell
http://secretweaponlures.com/jdbass/jdhome.htm
http://www.OutdoorFrontiers.com
~~

Old January 29th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Jack Dalzell Jr." wrote in message
Bob,
I'm not sure what a "Tennessee Thumper" is, but I bet the Colorado
Willow is a turtleback. Could the "tennesse thumper" be a baseball bat?

Naw, Tennessee Thumper is the bouncer at the local strip joint! Great big
guy, carries a chunk of hickory...... ;-p
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old January 30th, 2004, 04:36 PM
alwayfishking

No Steve, Tennessee thumper is a deranged rabbit
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old January 30th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Henry Hefner

alwayfishking wrote:
No Steve, Tennessee thumper is a deranged rabbit
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Jack Dalzell Jr." wrote in message

Bob,
I'm not sure what a "Tennessee Thumper" is, but I bet the Colorado
Willow is a turtleback. Could the "tennesse thumper" be a baseball bat?

Naw, Tennessee Thumper is the bouncer at the local strip joint! Great big
guy, carries a chunk of hickory...... ;-p
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

I thought it was a gun Davy Crockett brought to the Alamo.

Old February 1st, 2004, 02:39 PM
Bob La Londe

"Henry Hefner" wrote in message

alwayfishking wrote:
No Steve, Tennessee thumper is a deranged rabbit
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Jack Dalzell Jr." wrote in message

Bob,
I'm not sure what a "Tennessee Thumper" is, but I bet the

Colorado
Willow is a turtleback. Could the "tennesse thumper" be a baseball bat?

Naw, Tennessee Thumper is the bouncer at the local strip joint! Great

big
guy, carries a chunk of hickory...... ;-p
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

I thought it was a gun Davy Crockett brought to the Alamo.

Old Betsy, but close.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

www.DiyComponents.com
Buy professional quality components for
DIY Projects

Old February 2nd, 2004, 05:53 AM
Joe Haubenreich

I think I have broken Buckshot's code. I believe his message was:

"Spinnerbaits work well when you use a rod as stout as a Tennessee Thumper
baseball bat. I recommend a tandem Colorado/Willow blade combination on a
lure with a white head, a black-and-chartreuse skirt, and also a rattle.
This lure can be yo-yo'd slowly or swim it steadily on a fast or slow
retrieve. The 3/4-ounce size works best for me. I have had great success
with this bait on both lake or pond fishing. Would anyone like to discuss
this? If so, email me."

If that is right, then I'd say Buckshot probably has hit on an effective
spring spinnerbait pattern. I know many times my early spring spinnerbait
fishing is in muddy water, and a dark skirt like black with chartreuse
strands would be a good choice. The head color is probably less significant;
a spinnerbait is a reaction bait, mostly, and the bass probably responds
more to the movement of the blades and skirt.

I'd likely opt for a big, single CO blade on that 3/4 ounce lure rather than
the two-bladed setup so I could slow down the retrieve. A yo-yo retrieve is
very effective in very cold water; in fact, when I fish spinnerbaits from
November through Feb in thick cover, around cypress trees, laydowns, and
docks, I slow the lure down so much that I end up fishing it almost like a
jig sometimes.... letting it settle to the bottom, and then lifting it just
fast enough for the blade to emit a few thumps before it settles down again.
Unlike jigs, the spinnerbait must be moving, rising or dropping, for it to
be in position for a bass to grab it; I never had a bass pick a spinnerbait
up that was lying flat on the bottom of the lake; however, slow hops,
interspersed with rests, is a good way to get a bass curious and cause it to
grab the lure as it starts its next hop.
--
Joe Haubenreich
www.secretweaponlures.com