The Big Bailout (OT, or not)

Old September 25th, 2008, 02:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

Default The Big Bailout (OT, or not)

Just got this in the email. Food for thought...
I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We
Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide
U.S.
Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and
child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals
$425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It
Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax rate of
30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends
$25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A
husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?
Pay off your mortgage...housing crisis solved.
Repay college loans...what a great boost to new grads
Put away money for college...it'll be there
Save in a bank...create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car...create jobs
Invest in the market...capital drives growth
Pay for your parent's medical insurance...health care improves Enable
Deadbeat Dads to come clean, or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks
who
lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is
cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of
trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( 'vote buy' ) economic incentive that
is
being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every
adult US Citizen 18+!

As for AIG û liquidate it.
Sell off its parts.
Let American General go back to being American General.
Sell off the real estate.
Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can 'never work.'

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion
We
Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in
Washington
DC.

And remember, this plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5
Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

BTW, just where DOES that $85B go to, anyway? Is it just an infusion
so the Wall Street Block Party can carry on, as usual? That's some
party.

--riverman
Old September 25th, 2008, 03:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:55:51 -0700 (PDT), riverman
wrote:

Just got this in the email. Food for thought...
I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We
Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide
U.S.
Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and
child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals
$425,000.00.

Um...did you get this from someone in Boston...? And aren't you a math
teacher...?

Sheesh,
Old September 25th, 2008, 03:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

riverman wrote:
[...]

Dear American Friend:

Please allow the introduction of myself and an explain to the
circumstance which through Jesus Christ Our Lord I sincerly
hope to assitance for my situation.

My father left me $85 billion US dollars but due to the overtake
of my goverment by communist bankers this monies is only taken
by US taxpayer. I need honest, trustworthy US taxpayer such as
yourself to help me reclaim all my monis.

You should know that you will profit muchly from this if only
you will to help me reclaim my $85 billion.

Thank you,

Goerge W. Bush
Old September 25th, 2008, 03:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim Lysyk

riverman wrote:
Just got this in the email. Food for thought...
I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We
Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide
U.S.
Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and
child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals
$425,000.00.

I think your math is off.

85,000,000,000 divided by 200,000,000 = $425.

Tim Lysyk
Old September 25th, 2008, 03:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

wrote:

Just got this in the email. Food for thought...
I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We
Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide
U.S.
Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and
child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals
$425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It
Dividend.

[... Remainder of effed up math snipped]

BTW, just where DOES that $85B go to, anyway? Is it just an infusion
so the Wall Street Block Party can carry on, as usual? That's some
party.

--riverman

Ugh - I think I'm gonna puke - but I actually have to agree with Dick.

Maybe this was written by an Englishman - where a billion is a million
million.

In the USA, a billion is a mere thousand million, so the hand-out per each of
the 200 million recipients would be a scant 425 bucklettes.

/daytripper (and the answer to your question is clearly: yes)
Old September 25th, 2008, 03:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------*----------
I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We
Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide
U.S.
Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and
child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ *into $85 billion that equals
$425,000.00.

Um...did you get this from someone in Boston...? *And aren't you a math
teacher...?

Sheesh,
R- Hide quoted text -

LOL. Talk about not proofreading...how embarassing. I deserve all the
grief you guys give me.

Besides, the bailout is actually $700 billion, and divided by 200
million, that leaves only $3500 per person.

--riverman
Old September 25th, 2008, 03:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:50:33 -0700 (PDT), riverman
wrote:

Besides, the bailout is actually $700 billion, and divided by 200
million, that leaves only $3500 per person.

Yeah, but it was fun for a few milliseconds. d;o)

Old September 25th, 2008, 04:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

Besides, the bailout is actually $700 billion, and divided by 200
million, that leaves only $3500 per person.

Um, actually, the "bailout" will cost somewhere between nothing and 3
dollars more than there is on the planet, but your SWAG is as good as
any other, I suppose. Anyone who puts a firm number on this ****
dressing smeared on a turd sandwich is lying through their teeth,
doesn't have a clue about what they are talking about, or both.

This thing is the RTC times millions, and does anyone actually think
that a Governmental entity whose main purpose for existing is to put
itself out of business is anything remotely resembling a good idea?
Sooner or later, it really will be too big to fix, so it's a whole lot
better to take the hard hit and survive rather than the fatal one...

HTH,

--riverman

Old September 25th, 2008, 01:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"riverman" wrote in message

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals
$425,000.00.

Um...did you get this from someone in Boston...? And aren't you a math
teacher...?

Sheesh,
R- Hide quoted text -

LOL. Talk about not proofreading...how embarassing. I deserve all the
grief you guys give me.

Besides, the bailout is actually $700 billion, and divided by 200
million, that leaves only $3500 per person.

--riverman

Well, I guess I'm going to be the odd man out here......again. I liked your
original math. It looked a lot more like what I am accustomed see coming
out of Washington, Madison and downtown Milwaukee than anything suggested
thus far in its stead.

Wolfgang
who knows the value and comfort of familiarity.

Old September 25th, 2008, 01:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

Ken Fortenberry wrote in
:

riverman wrote:
[...]

It's good that he managed to create a legacy beyond Iraq.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply