FishFinder Woes...can you help?

Old August 26th, 2004, 02:31 AM
SHRED

Default FishFinder Woes...can you help?

Help!

My Garmin 160 stopped scrolling any bottom or showing any depth numbers
in the upper left hand box while on the water. The temp works. It works
fine in "Simulator" mode.

Then, I hooked up a brand new power cable and transducer to the unit but
the same results. This tells me it is the unit, I think.

I sent it to Garmin, under warranty, and just got it back. They claim it
checked out fine to specs.

My question would be:
Does the screen show something, albeit strange, in the depth box and
bottom scrolling, even when run dry out of the water?

I am trying to isolate the problem.
The transducer is epoxyed to the inside of my kayak hull and I have had
no problems for almost a year.

Again, when I hooked up a brand new power cable and transducer it had
the same symptoms. The depth screen was showing those dash/lines as if
it was warming up, no depth reading ever showed, and no scrolling at all.

Would one of you guys let me know what happens when you run a FF into
thin air. I could have sworn I have done this before with at least
something showing. THat would help me isolate the problem to the head unit.

Thanks
Old August 26th, 2004, 02:38 AM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

Low Voltage problem?

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:31:31 -0700, SHRED sent
into the ether:

[...]

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
Old August 26th, 2004, 04:11 AM
SHRED

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:
[...]

No, the voltage indicator, on the screen, shows 12.5 vdc.
Old August 26th, 2004, 09:51 AM
John C. French

My Garmin 250ff shows NOTHING but Temp when out of water. Try it in the
water.

John C. French