Brad, Am I Reading This Right?

Old August 20th, 2004, 03:42 AM
go-bassn

Default Brad, Am I Reading This Right?

My man Brad Coovert gets skunked in the 1st TWO tourneys of the year, and
now he's leading the club?

If so I'm buying you a beer bro!

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

Old August 23rd, 2004, 03:06 AM
Brad Coovert

You read it right Warren. That's how it WAS.

I just got skunked on Patoka for two days. Not a SINGLE bite on Saturday and
only 6 short fish on Sunday. Plus a broken rod. @%$#@!

This was the toughest summer tourney I have ever fished on a lake I usually
kick butt on. The Corps was pulling the lake down and it was three feet low.
The usually abundant grass beds were practically non existsent in most places.
A strong front moved through Friday night. Just a great combo for fishing that
lake.

I fished about every type of cover, structure, etc possible with about every
type of bait possible. After getting all the info from the few who actually
caught a 15"+ fish (only 10 fish in 2 days by 18 guys), the pattern was really
simple:

Fish as much water as possible and pray you put a bait in front of a bass.
Caught fish came from water 1' all the down to 25'.

Now I'm back in third, but only 107 points out of first. You better put that
beer back in the fridge, Warren.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Old August 23rd, 2004, 03:43 PM
go-bassn

Lol Brad, sorry man. I won my club's tourney the other night (+$63!), then
on the way home my Guidewear parka blew out of my boat (-$200).

You do the math...

Warren :-)

Old August 25th, 2004, 08:21 PM
alwaysfishking

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I had a bunch of stuff blow out my small boat but
nothing I couldn't go back for and find.

Old August 25th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Brad Coovert

Lol Brad, sorry man. I won my club's tourney the other night (+$63!), then
on the way home my Guidewear parka blew out of my boat (-$200).

Congrats on the win, sorry about the guidewear.

But it does give you a good excuse for another shopping trip!