Yearly Pilgrimmage. Puzzle Lake Ont.

Old August 20th, 2004, 05:23 PM
E. Carl Speros

Default Yearly Pilgrimmage. Puzzle Lake Ont.

Old August 20th, 2004, 06:51 PM
go-bassn

10 pound + bass in Canada...You guys drink a bit of Irish whiskey on that trip no doubt;-)

warren

"E. Carl Speros" wrote in message ...
Since 1976 the men in my family have trekked to Ontario for the purpose
of charging our spiritual batteries & catching some Bass & Pike fishing.
This lake is rockbound & glacial making it nearly inaccessible to
anyone except those in the 4 cabins (that's all there are on a 4 or 5
mile lake. We love it there & it makes our year to have this day dawn at
last. The lake is so structure intensive that even though there are
loads of fish there are so many perfect places to lurk & ambush their
prey that sometimes one has to work hard to find them (but when we
do...) We have had a appening on the lake ove the last 30 years that we
can't quite fathom. When we began fishing Puzzle we aght loads of Pike,
some around 40" & a few average Bass (mosty Smallies) Now (& no one's
complaining, leas of all me) we get loads of Bass including 2 6 lb.
Smallies & a 10 lb+ Bass that knocked my torpedo up onto the steep rock
wall I've been fishing & leapt 2' or 3' nearly beaching itself. Pike are
somewhat smaller & not nearly a plentiful as previously. I can imagine
Pike taking over a lake (being bigger, stronger & toothy to boot,) but
what could cause this (altogether better) change. I know that most
people that fish there (we may see 2or 3 boats from the cabins out in a
day) practise catch & release as we do. E mail me before 10:00 P. M.
today if you have a plausable hypothesis. (there are loads of perfect
weedbeds & structure galore as I've already stated.) Carl the Bassin'
*******.

"Then raise the Harp of Erin boys, the flag we all revere, We'll fight & fall beneath its folds like Irish Volunteers" from Dave Kincaids song & CD "The Irish Volunteer" Lancaster Civil War Round Table Website http://community.webtv.net/GrayGhost...eCivilWarRound Carl Speros webmaster.

Old August 20th, 2004, 06:58 PM
E. Carl Speros

Old August 20th, 2004, 06:58 PM
E. Carl Speros

Old August 20th, 2004, 07:33 PM
go-bassn

Go get him Carl, he's bound to be 12 or 13 pounds by now. Hope ya have a good trip!

Gotta love the magnifying power of the Stoudt!

Warren the Mongoose ;-)

"E. Carl Speros" wrote in message ...
Sorry, not guilty, faith n' begorrah, more's the pity. I wish I'd have
hooked up with him (probably her) it knocked my torpedo onto the bank &
almost landed on the rocks herself. I'm glad my brother (& best friend)
was there to see it. The last 4 years have been golden with many 3 & 4
lb. Smallies & 2 in the 6 lb range. Hoping to see some more tomorow.
Leaving Lancaster Pa. around 10:30 & with an hour's or so rest stop will
be on the lake before noon tomorrow. Good Bassin' to you. No Irish
whiskey along, but some Guiness & red wine aplenty to go with my
brother's world class cuisine. Hang Loose, Mongoose. Carl