New Season - New License

Old April 8th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Dave Lane

In message
John wrote:

Sorry for offending everyone so so much with my reply to Keith.

Shame to spoil the apology with yet more cobblers...

Yes it did go slightly off topic.

Just a tad...

[snip]

There's no need to be so uptight about it.

uptight? us? er...

So again, sorry for offending all the commies and nitpicking girly-men
in here (cue Bill and Alec). But I have a problem with the EA and the
government and the price of fish(ing). If you want though you can sit
back and let the prices skyrocket while you netcop the newsgroup!

Discussing the merits of the licence fee and the EA is all fair enough,
but cut and paste jobs from the Daily Rail probably belong
in the uk.alt.politics.barking_green_streamers newsgroup.

By the way, I sent an email to the EA a few days back. I think they
are still digesting the 25 questions I asked them. I'll let you know
their answers when they reply.

They've probably got it pinned up for everyone to have a jolly good
larf at.

[snip]

16) Who was responsible for the setting up of the EA?

ah, now, it might just have been the Conservatives...

22) How much percentage of the license money goes back into improving
the waterways in relation to fishing?

no idea - but around here they employ baliffs to try and keep the
poachers down, chase up polluters, carry out conservation work,
monitor fish and other wildlife population etc etc

In fact I may need to leave out a lot of the questions,

I think we're all in agreement there.

offend the two grumpy old men in here! You've seen those ads on TV
haven't you? The "Don't Do Politics!" Ads! That's Bill and Alec!

Bloody hell, at last, you got one right. phew.

cheers,

.... Don't believe in astrology. We Scorpios aren't taken in by such things.
Old April 8th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Alec Powell

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
offend the two grumpy old men in here! You've seen those ads on TV
haven't you? The "Don't Do Politics!" Ads! That's Bill and Alec!

Bloody hell, at last, you got one right. phew.

You sod! Well, I'm certainly not sharing a boat with you at Brenig.
Diamonds! It's you and me again mate :-)
--
Alec and Valerie Powell Watlington Oxon. UK

Web Pages:
http://www.prole.demon.co.uk/

Old April 8th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Andy Lawson

Wasn't it Alec Powell who wrote?

Snip underwear preferences and political rant

Lets get back to what we are really here for. Early reports anyone?
Alec

I had two stockie Rainbows at Darlow last Sunday afternoon. Missed a lot of
takes though.

--
Andy Lawson

Old April 8th, 2005, 11:15 PM
laxhill

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 21:08:53 +0100, Alec Powell
wrote:

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, John, gave forth these words of wisdom:
nitpicking girly-men in here (cue Bill and Alec).

I object most strongly to this!
I'll have you know that Bill happens to be one of the most helpful and
friendly fishermen that you could ever hope to meet. He wouldn't dream
of having any left wing tendencies and WHAT WE WEAR UNDER OUR WADERS IS
NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!
Girly-men indeed!
Now **** off and read your Daily Mail like a good little fascist.
Lets get back to what we are really here for. Early reports anyone?
Alec

Stocks res still fishing its nuts off.........
Keith