OT American Taliban in Congress and the White House

Old March 8th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Default OT American Taliban in Congress and the White House

I haven't read anything lately that scares the bejesus out of me
as much as this article from today's Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/08/education/08HOME.html

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old March 8th, 2004, 10:05 PM
rb608

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
news
I haven't read anything lately that scares the bejesus out of me
as much as this article from today's Times.

Yeah, but the girl in the HarrisDirect ad has nice, um, features. :-)

Joe F.

Old March 8th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Tim J.

"rb608" wrote...

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:

I haven't read anything lately that scares the bejesus out of me
as much as this article from today's Times.

Yeah, but the girl in the HarrisDirect ad has nice, um, features. :-)

I was so turned on by the article I didn't notice. ;-)
--
yfotr,
Tim

Old March 8th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Scott Seidman

Ken Fortenberry wrote in
om:

I haven't read anything lately that scares the bejesus out of me
as much as this article from today's Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/08/education/08HOME.html

Ken, you scare easy. It's what I'm not reading that scares the living ****
out of me. My fear today is the lack of a media uproar demanding release
of the strategic petroleum reserve.

Scott
Old March 9th, 2004, 03:43 AM

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:48:29 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

I haven't read anything lately that scares the bejesus out of me
as much as this article from today's Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/08/education/08HOME.html

Nah, not much problem. In fact it's excellent that they're getting
involved in White House politics while they're still young enough and
idealistic enough to become hysterically upset when they finally
notice what's really going on around them.

(BTW, I'd figure the same for rabid liberal's kids who were overly
into dogma when the kids got a chance to play in Democrat politics.)
--

rbc:vixen,Minnow Goddess,Willow Watcher,and all that sort of thing.
Often taunted by trout.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
Old March 9th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Mu Young Lee

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Ken Fortenberry wrote:

I haven't read anything lately that scares the bejesus out of me
as much as this article from today's Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/08/education/08HOME.html

There is something very un-christian about the self-segregation of
home-schooling.

Mu
Old March 9th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Mark

Yep, the religious right drove me out of the Republican Party! They are
Rinos (Republicans in name only). The religious right does not embrace the
traditional Republican values of fiscal conservancy and limited government
intrusion. They are using the GOP to push "Jesus" on the rest of us. The
religious right is no better than the Taliban.

om...

Old March 9th, 2004, 08:03 PM
rw

Mark wrote:

The religious right does not embrace the
traditional Republican values of fiscal conservancy and limited government
intrusion.

Traditional Republican values??? Gag!

Fiscal conservatism? Are you aware of which way the deficit is headed,
taking Social Security along with it? The Republicans control the
Presidency and Congress, but they blame the "Clinton recession,"
neglecting to mention that Clinton left them with a record surplus, and
surpluses projected as far as the eye could see, and they squandered it
on reckless tax cuts for the wealthy.

When someone points this out, they scream "class warfare." I love
Warren Buffet's comment: "If class warfare is being waged in America, my
class is clearly winning."

As for limited government intrusion, that's an even bigger joke. Are you
comfortable with John Ashcroft administering the so-called Patriot Act?
Now we have a Bush proposal to amend the Constitution to ban same-sex
marriage, for God's sake. The Republicans try to use the Constitution to
exploit wedge issues in nearly every election year. In 1980 Reagan
supported an amendment to ban abortion, and this still remains in the
party platform. In 1988 George H. W. Bush called for an amendment
outlawing flag burning. In 1996 Bob Dole supported amendments on flag
burning, school prayer, and a mandated balanced budget. (Sweet irony,
there.) The 1996 party platform also called for amendments on term
limits, citizenship for children of illegal aliens, and victims' rights.

Old March 10th, 2004, 04:36 AM

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:03:23 -0700, rw
wrote:

Mark wrote:

The religious right does not embrace the
traditional Republican values of fiscal conservancy and limited government
intrusion.

Traditional Republican values??? Gag!

Once upon a time those were the cornerstones of the Republican
platform.

(snipped)

As for limited government intrusion, that's an even bigger joke. Are you
comfortable with John Ashcroft

I'm not very comfortable with John Ashcroft being of the same species
I am.

administering the so-called Patriot Act?

I wouldn't trust Mother Teresa (if she came back) to administer that
Act.