waterboarding

Old December 30th, 2007, 02:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fishin Technician[_5_]

Default waterboarding

Opus,
Try to have a new happy new year, F/T

--
Fishin Technician
Old December 30th, 2007, 02:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:16:38 -0500, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

Anything else, your swash-buckling closet dweller?

No. I have succeeded in really ****ing you off. Mission acomplished.

d;o)

Old December 30th, 2007, 02:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:23:02 -0500, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

You seen not everyone who is waterboarded survives the ordeal.

What are you trying to say, nitwit?

Waterboarding does not kill. Leaves no mark. Draws no blood. There
isn't even pain. If you would take waterboarding over decapitation,
you really are a nitwit.

Davie

Old December 30th, 2007, 02:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:28:34 -0500, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

Are we assuming that everyone who is waterboarded survives?

If you were to know that you would not survive the torture, would you still
choose waterboarding?

There is no record of anyone dying from waterboarding. And, pray
tell, how the hell are you going to know whether you are going to live
or die during *real* torture. No one in the hell holes of Viet Nam
knew wether they were going to die, and they fought to survive.

Davie

Old December 30th, 2007, 02:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:35:25 -0800 (PST), BJConner
wrote:

But tomorrow I'll be sober, you will still be stupid and ugly.

You forgot rich, well hung, and a great fisherman.

d;o)

Old December 30th, 2007, 03:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:26:50 -0500, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

You, however, will remain a hate filled nihilist.

Your opinion. But you will remain a swishy gay, fat and homely,
without any love or friends in your life, struggling to make a living,
and will finally end up as a ward of the state because you didn't do
as I told you to do. You may be educated, Mark, but you are the
dumbest son of a bitch I have ever known.

My hate, btw, is only for those who would hurt the U.S. of A. I don't
hate you or anyone else on roff. Never have and never will. And talk
of hate -- read your last few posts to me. Totally unnecessary, for
you need not have entered the fray. You did so just to spew *your*
hate.

hth

Davie

Old December 30th, 2007, 03:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

wrote:

But tomorrow I'll be sober, you will still be stupid and ugly.

You forgot rich, well hung, and a great fisherman.

d;o)

.... with very bad feet.

Old December 30th, 2007, 03:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

wrote:

Anything else, your swash-buckling closet dweller?

No. I have succeeded in really ****ing you off. Mission acomplished.

d;o)

Wrong again.

How on Earth could you be so wrong, so often and live with yourself?

Op

Old December 30th, 2007, 04:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

wrote:

You seen not everyone who is waterboarded survives the ordeal.

What are you trying to say, nitwit?

That you pick out a typo ("seen" should have, obviously, read "see"), and
pretend that you didn't understand what I had written, says volumes about
your intellectual aptitude and your character.

It's not what I am saying, it's what you are saying that is so disturbing.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Investigat...ory?id=1322866

Waterboarding does not kill. Leaves no mark. Draws no blood. There
isn't even pain. If you would take waterboarding over decapitation,
you really are a nitwit.

So you claim that no one has ever died as a result of waterboarding and that
it causes no pain, right.

Algerian War
"The technique was also used during the Algerian War (1954-1962). The French
journalist Henri Alleg, who was subjected to waterboarding by French
paratroopers in Algeria in 1957, is one of only a few people to have
described in writing the first-hand experience of being waterboarded. His
book The Question, published in 1958 with a preface by Jean-Paul Sartre (and
subsequently banned in France until the end of the Algerian War in 1962)
discusses the experience of being strapped to a plank, having his head
wrapped in cloth and positioned beneath a running tap:

The rag was soaked rapidly. Water flowed everywhe in my mouth, in my
nose, all over my face. But for a while I could still breathe in some small
gulps of air. I tried, by contracting my throat, to take in as little water
as possible and to resist suffocation by keeping air in my lungs for as long
as I could. But I couldn't hold on for more than a few moments. I had the
impression of drowning, and a terrible agony, that of death itself, took
possession of me. In spite of myself, all the muscles of my body struggled
uselessly to save me from suffocation. In spite of myself, the fingers of
both my hands shook uncontrollably. "That's it! He's going to talk," said a
voice.

The water stopped running and they took away the rag. I was able to
breathe. In the gloom, I saw the lieutenants and the captain, who, with a
cigarette between his lips, was hitting my stomach with his fist to make me
throw out the water I had swallowed.[29]

Alleg has stated that the incidence of "accidental" death of prisoners being
subjected to waterboarding in Algeria was "very frequent.""
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding

Hey, think of it like this. You're in very despicable company: "The Khmer
Rouge at the Tuol Sleng prison in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, used waterboarding
as a method of torture between 1975 and 1979."

Old December 30th, 2007, 04:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

wrote:

Are we assuming that everyone who is waterboarded survives?

If you were to know that you would not survive the torture, would you
still
choose waterboarding?

There is no record of anyone dying from waterboarding.

Wrong again! You really should learn to do some basic research before you
make outrageous claims.

And, pray
tell, how the hell are you going to know whether you are going to live
or die during *real* torture.

What does knowing whether one is or is not going to survive torture have to
do with the question I asked Allen?

It was a very direct and specific question pertaining to the *real* torture
known as waterboarding and survivability was not assumed?

I know it's really more than anyone should ask of you, but attempt a
coherent thought once in a while.

The question to Allen was whether he'd rather die by waterboarding, or by
having his head severed from his shoulders, not whether he knew if he would
survive being tortured. People have actually died during waterboarding,
whether you want to believe it is irrelavant.

No one in the hell holes of Viet Nam
knew wether they were going to die, and they fought to survive.

And?

Davie