SOme may think this is spam

Old November 16th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Rodney

Default SOme may think this is spam

I don't care what they think, it's not spam, it's me being HAPPY, and
wanting to share something new that has proven it's self now, and is
Kicking butt in California.

Guys My new Rock Hopper weight has taken California by storm. The Owner
of Mojo called me twice last week, these things are being sold as fast
as they can get them made. They had a huge retail tackle show last
weekend, they sold out what they took to the show in just 3 hours, thank
God their warehouse was just 30 min. away, so they could send more of
them to the show. He told me people were standing 8 deep in front of
their booth, trying to buy them.

He shipped one store an order on Wednesday, and walked into that store
on Friday, they had sold out completely on Thursday (that's 500 dollars
of worm weights in one day) It is unheard of, to sell any terminal
tackle like this.

The reports from the fishermen have been truly awesome, many claiming to
be Texas and Carolina rig fishing in the worst rock conditions, and go
all day with maybe loosing just one Rock Hopper, compared to 20 to 30
bullet weights (hooks and worms as well) they had lost in a day in the
same locations before. Many had quit trying to fish these rocky area's
with soft plastics.

You will be seeing many stories in the fishing rags over the next few
mouths on this rig, as the owner of Mojo, has been talking to many
outdoor writers the last few weeks.

Mojo has recived over a 100 calls from "top" pro bass fishermen in the
last three weeks wanting to join Mojo's pro team

They are even calling the Texas and Carolina rigged baits with this new
weight, by a new term. They now say they were "rock hopping", and that
is what this weight does.

Mojo had been trying to get into Henry's (worlds largest wholesaler of
sporting goods) for 12 years, and they were always turned down,, Last
week Henry's main buyer called them, and placed a huge order for the
Rock Hoppers, and also put all of Mojo's weights inside their catalogue.

So these weights will soon be sold everywhere

The Rock Hopper, is totally snag free in timber and brush, and snags 20
times less than any other rig in the rocks. It is 1/10 the size of a
Lindy no snag (for the same weight), at 1/10 the price.

I'm just happy I invented another product that helps fishermen catch
more fish.

I'm sorry if anyone thinks this is spam,, yes I make a nickel on every
pack of weights sold. But I'm not going to post where you can get them
now,, Just when your buddies start telling you about this great new way
to fish,, you can say,, hay, I know the guy who invented that :-)

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,

Old November 17th, 2003, 01:45 AM

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 07:47:22 -0600, Rodney wrote:

I don't care what they think, it's not spam,

We know the first part and some of us don't agree on the second part.

Geeze, Rodney, you've acted just like a regular user for quite a
while. Get bored with it? Feel a need to make others shrink away
from you again?

You _could_ have mentioned your joy without going into detail on your
most recent product, you kow. It can be done.
--

rbc:vixen,Minnow Goddess,Willow Watcher,and all that sort of thing.
Often taunted by trout.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
Old November 17th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Rodney

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

Please tell me why I should buy your product over this one? I would really like to know.

http://www.lindylittlejoe.com/produc...nosnaggrig.htm

1/10 the physical size (per same weight), at 1/10 the cost, and twice as
snag resistant

Are those reasons good enough?

Old November 20th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Rodney

barbz wrote:

Oh, c'mon! A good angler can catch fish with a piece of tinsel and a
shoelace.

Yes and they might catch a fish sometimes, maybe ?
All that fancy stuff is meant to appeal to the purchasing
public, not the bass. And in that regards, it works quite well.

Marketing has very little to do with catching fish. Fish aren't the only
animals attracted to shiny things that make noise...

This I am talking about, is a new "weight" not necessarily designed to
catch more fish, but to save the fisherman from snagging so often,
(which does allow him to fish more where the fish are) now you can't
tell me that just any old weight will do this, because they won't

Old November 20th, 2003, 04:38 PM
barbz

Dre wrote:
"barbz" wrote in message ...

Rodney wrote:

wrote:

You _could_ have mentioned your joy without going into detail on your
most recent product, you kow. It can be done.

Yes but then you would not have learned about what is the latest best,,
unless you don't care what's new out there to make your fishing better.

Oh, c'mon! A good angler can catch fish with a piece of tinsel and a
shoelace. All that fancy stuff is meant to appeal to the purchasing
public, not the bass. And in that regards, it works quite well.

Marketing has very little to do with catching fish. Fish aren't the only
animals attracted to shiny things that make noise...

barbz

LOL! Funny you should say that Barbz. My cousin is in Baie-Comeau Quebec and
he's working on a project there at a dam which is pretty isolated (about an
hour from Labrador City). Someone told him there was some trout in there but
he had no lure so he cut off the round part of a table spoon and drilled
holes in it then used it as a lure with a peice of bacon as bait and he
caught a 13" trout. Just goes to show it doesn't take much.

Dre

Heh...I've heard of people hooking up by trolling various kitchen
utensils with hooks attached. A friend of mine caught a nice striper
when he was retrieving his wallet with a treble hook, having dropped it
over the side. Another guy told me about catching trout (when he was
lacking lures) on his Phi Beta Kappa key!

Somebody gave me a giant rubber Sea Monkey toy that looks exactly like a
brine shrimp, and I'm gonna try pitching that out one of these days to
see what bites!

barb

Old November 21st, 2003, 03:19 AM
Acee

"Rodney" wrote in message
barbz wrote:

Oh, c'mon! A good angler can catch fish with a piece of tinsel and a
shoelace.

Snip now you can't
tell me that just any old weight will do this, because they won't
Rodney Long,

With your entanglement in your ego, I would not even try.