Fly Patter Recipe Needed

Old December 5th, 2005, 03:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default Fly Patter Recipe Needed

I am looking for a "Halloween" version of the Woolybugger/Leech. I can
find some Halloween patterns for other flies, primarily wet flies but
cannot find a reference to this pattern for a woolybugger...

Thanks in Advance all!

Best Regards,
Philski
Old December 5th, 2005, 12:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

That is my ORIGINAL pattern that I did for a recent swap on Fly Anglers
Online Fly Swap. If you write me direct I will give you the recipe and
send you one. Thanks!!
Mike Bernardoni

--
"The best and the most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or
even touched. They must be felt in the heart." -- Helen Keller
Old December 5th, 2005, 02:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Philski wrote:

I am looking for a "Halloween" version of the Woolybugger/Leech.

(snip)
Best Regards,
Philski

Hi Mike,
Care to share with the group?
DaveMohnsen
Denver

Old December 5th, 2005, 11:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

how about this

Halloween Streamer

1.. Wrap thread around hook
2.. Tie in the black marabou tail.
3.. Wrap forward and tie in orange marabou and cut.
4.. Wrap thread forward several times again and tie in black marabou and
cut.
5.. Tie in orange marabou on each side of black marabou.
6.. Wrap thread forward and tie a piece of black marabou.
7.. Grab excess of orange and black marabou and wrap tightly.
8.. Tie on more black marabou on top and cut.
9.. Wrap forward and cut ends.
10.. Tie on more black marabou and cut.
11.. Tie on more black marabou and cut.
12.. Wrap thread forward and make head and tie off with whip finish.

Halloween Streamer Materials

Thread 3/0 red, orange, black or green

Hook 9672, 79582 or similar or streamer hook

Body Orange or black marabou

Thorax Orange or black marabou

Tail Black marabou