Kids Night Out

Old June 7th, 2005, 01:25 AM
alwaysfishking

Default Kids Night Out

Well bigger boat means two things

1. More room to fish when going solo.

2. Now I can take at least 2 kids fishing

So that's what I did. Severe thunderstorms pounded the area for a few hours
late this afternoon, but by 5:30, they had passed. It was overcast with no
wind whatsoever and the sun was peeking through. I loaded my 7 year old
daughter Sam and my 4 year old son Randall into the car and head over to
the lake. We launched and my daughter insisted that she was going to take
my baitcaster and fish with it, promising to pick out any backlashs that may
occur.

I rigged my son with a Blue Moccasin Wacko and she was already rigged with
a tiny brush hog and a small worm weight. I was fishing the toad. 2 small
fish tried to eat the big toad but just couldn't seem to get it. We trolled
over to the other side of the lake where I missed a big fish early this
morning in hopes that there were a few more fish hanging around. I toss my
toad out and it gets hammered. Unfortunately it was just a toothy critter My
daughter took a picture as she designmated herself o-fish-all picture taker.

I started fishing some pads with the toad and got swirled on but missed the
fish. My son saw this and cast his senko right into the same spot, only he
wound up hooking the fish, another pickerel. It was enough to bring a tear
to your eyes as this was his first succesful follow up, he didn't seem to
realize what he had just done..so I explained it and he looked at me like
"yeah Ok so?"

Started hearing thunder in the distance and immediately head back to the
launch, decided to fish around there in case of rain or more severe weather.
The rain held off and my daughter decide to fish more and take less
pictures, bouncing her brush hog along some rocks she screams "I got one"
and she did. Look out Charles you may have some competition in the catfish
catagory. I took the picture right before the rain started. We pulled up on
shore, loaded the gear, locked up the boat and headed home to a relieved
wife. As we pulled up the storm kicked in once again. Sam didn't have to
pick out one backlash either, wish I could have said the same. Sam's
pictures at A.B.P.F