Grandson

Old August 31st, 2004, 02:12 AM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

Default Grandson

Well, I took my 4 yr old grandson Alex out to a small lake near my
house in Milwaukee. This is a kid that begs to just sit in the boat,
picks up sticks to "fish" with and has to have fish in the tub with
him.

I would cast out and hold the rod with him and he would grab the rod
and crank the handle like he was trying to make ice cream :} I
finally got him to understand slowly and he started to catch Blue
Gills and Bass on a Beetle spin. He tried to use his thumb to hold a
12" Bass but the rough mouth scraped the soft skin on his thumb :{
He was showing his thumb off at daycare, saying a fish did it :}
I'll have to get him some sand paper to practice with :} One 15"
Bass jumped right in front of him and scared him good. It came out
about a foot and did a somesault that sprayed him with water. I would
hold each fish for him and we would look at the colors and eyes see
how sharp the spines were. He was amased by them.

I kept asking him if he wanted to go home and he would look at me and
say "Just one more Grampa, just one more". Woohee, I can't wait for a
partner like that to grow up. It's almost to good to be true. I
suppose I better not teach him to drive the wifes Jeep next spring,
although it would be nice, not going down to Milwaukee to pick him up.
All in all he caught 4 Bass and a half dozen Bluegill.

His last words on the day were, "We can go again Grampa".

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
Old August 31st, 2004, 02:34 AM
Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)

Kinda reminds me of the poster "take me fishing".

Old August 31st, 2004, 02:39 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

wrote in message
[...]

That's a great story Dan. I can't wait until Maggie is old enough to go
fishing with me.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old August 31st, 2004, 04:10 AM
go-bassn

Awesome Dan, awesome. My daughter Sierra just loves to go fishing. She
shreds the bluegill population. I feel kinda bad because I fish so much,
but so little with her. Just gonna have to get that little girl out before
it gets cold here.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

Old August 31st, 2004, 04:20 AM
Rodney

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:

I kept asking him if he wanted to go home and he would look at me and
say "Just one more Grampa, just one more".

Just Saturday my 6 year old grand daughter said the same thing, after 12
hours standing on a fishing pier in the hot sun.

His last words on the day were, "We can go again Grampa".

I got that same question as well :-), but she can do most of it by
herself now, from casting out, and setting the hook, to even catching
her own bait, but I still have to hook it for her, and remove the fish

Of course on this pier I had to hand line the fish up to the top of the pier

You can see her having a ball on Saturday
alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
I just posted some photo's

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old August 31st, 2004, 04:21 AM
John Kerr

Grandson

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Mon, Aug 30, 2004, 8:12pm From:

(Dan,=A0danl,=A0danny=A0boy,=A0Redbeard,=A0actuall y=A0Greybeard=A0now)
[...]

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
That's what fishing is all about! Great read! Makes me want to get in
the little red truck and go visit the kids again, I have two grandsons
that love to fish....no problem figuring out what to do when we get
together . Thanks for the "picture"!
JK