a loss in the family.......

Old March 5th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Thomas Littleton

Default a loss in the family.......

Sad duty today......Lady, Eskimo Dog extraordinaire, wonderful household pal
and just a beautiful little dog, was put to sleep. As much as I always have
been a "Dog Person", this part never gets easier. All my prior dogs have
been outdoorsy types, but Lady was picked out by the girls in the
family.....first dog I ever had that could be called dainty.
Nonetheless, she was a dead-loyal to her core family as any dog I have
known. It's a dreary day around these parts, flies to tie, things that need
doing, don't feel like doing a damned thing. Somehow, posting to this
God-forsaken place seems as fitting as anything.........

Old March 5th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Thomas Littleton wrote:
Sad duty today......Lady, Eskimo Dog extraordinaire, wonderful household pal
and just a beautiful little dog, was put to sleep. As much as I always have
been a "Dog Person", this part never gets easier. All my prior dogs have
been outdoorsy types, but Lady was picked out by the girls in the
family.....first dog I ever had that could be called dainty.
Nonetheless, she was a dead-loyal to her core family as any dog I have
known. It's a dreary day around these parts, flies to tie, things that need
doing, don't feel like doing a damned thing. Somehow, posting to this
God-forsaken place seems as fitting as anything.........

Sorry to hear that, Tom. Condolences to you and your family.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 5th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Mark H. Bowen

"Thomas Littleton" wrote in message
Sad duty today......Lady, Eskimo Dog extraordinaire, wonderful household
pal
and just a beautiful little dog, was put to sleep. As much as I always
have
been a "Dog Person", this part never gets easier. All my prior dogs have
been outdoorsy types, but Lady was picked out by the girls in the
family.....first dog I ever had that could be called dainty.
Nonetheless, she was a dead-loyal to her core family as any dog I have
known. It's a dreary day around these parts, flies to tie, things that
need
doing, don't feel like doing a damned thing. Somehow, posting to this
God-forsaken place seems as fitting as anything.........

Very sorry to hear of your family's loss Tom. It's never easy to let go of
a family member, especially the ones that give love unconditionally! I wept
like a baby, when I had Beau put down, and I don't know that I can go thru
that ever again. Of course, I doubt I could ever love another animal as
much as I loved that dog.

My thoughts are with you and yours!

Mark

Old March 5th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Peter Charles

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 16:40:02 GMT, "Thomas Littleton"
wrote:

Sad duty today......Lady, Eskimo Dog extraordinaire, wonderful household pal
and just a beautiful little dog, was put to sleep. As much as I always have
been a "Dog Person", this part never gets easier. All my prior dogs have
been outdoorsy types, but Lady was picked out by the girls in the
family.....first dog I ever had that could be called dainty.
Nonetheless, she was a dead-loyal to her core family as any dog I have
known. It's a dreary day around these parts, flies to tie, things that need
doing, don't feel like doing a damned thing. Somehow, posting to this
God-forsaken place seems as fitting as anything.........

All of us who have lost a dog know exactly how you and your family
feels. It puts a hole in your life.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharl...ers/index.html
Old March 5th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Jeff Taylor

"Thomas Littleton" wrote in message
Sad duty today......Lady, Eskimo Dog extraordinaire, wonderful household
pal
and just a beautiful little dog, was put to sleep. As much as I always
have
been a "Dog Person", this part never gets easier. All my prior dogs have
been outdoorsy types, but Lady was picked out by the girls in the
family.....first dog I ever had that could be called dainty.
Nonetheless, she was a dead-loyal to her core family as any dog I have
known. It's a dreary day around these parts, flies to tie, things that
need
doing, don't feel like doing a damned thing. Somehow, posting to this
God-forsaken place seems as fitting as anything.........

Sorry to hear of the family loss Tom,

We lost our Blk. Lab last summer, it's been extremely hard and on my mind
almost daily since. I suggest you pickup another pup when you are ready. We
bought a 9 week old Blk. Lab (Tiffany... Tiff for short) last weekend and it
has sure helped with the healing and loss.

Take care,
JT

Old March 5th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Tim J.

Thomas Littleton wrote:
Sad duty today......Lady, Eskimo Dog extraordinaire, wonderful
household pal and just a beautiful little dog, was put to sleep. As
much as I always have been a "Dog Person", this part never gets
easier. All my prior dogs have been outdoorsy types, but Lady was
picked out by the girls in the family.....first dog I ever had that
could be called dainty.
Nonetheless, she was a dead-loyal to her core family as any dog I have
known. It's a dreary day around these parts, flies to tie, things
that need doing, don't feel like doing a damned thing. Somehow,
posting to this God-forsaken place seems as fitting as
anything.........

Sad indeed. There's something about a good dog that can't be put into
words. It has something to do with running out to the corner store for a
newspaper and coming home five minutes later, but the dog treats you
like you've been gone for days. I never tire of that.

I assume since she was put to sleep that she was in pain, misery, or
close to death. You did the kindest thing you could do, but I know it's
not easy. Hang in there, my friend.
--
TL,
Tim

Old March 6th, 2005, 03:32 AM
vincent p. norris

My condolences, too, Tom. I'm ancient enough to gone through that
three times. It's heartbreaking.

vince
Old March 6th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Cyli

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 16:40:02 GMT, "Thomas Littleton"
wrote:

You're right. They're family. Even if you know when you get them
that you're likely to outlast them, it doesn't make it any easier to
bear when you do outlast them.

My sympathy.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)
Old March 9th, 2005, 01:04 PM

wrote:

Sad duty today......Lady, Eskimo Dog extraordinaire, wonderful household pal
and just a beautiful little dog, was put to sleep. As much as I always have
been a "Dog Person", this part never gets easier. All my prior dogs have
been outdoorsy types, but Lady was picked out by the girls in the
family.....first dog I ever had that could be called dainty.
Nonetheless, she was a dead-loyal to her core family as any dog I have
known. It's a dreary day around these parts, flies to tie, things that need
doing, don't feel like doing a damned thing. Somehow, posting to this
God-forsaken place seems as fitting as anything.........

Damn, that sucks, Tom. I've had to put my share of pets down, and it's a hard,
miserable task. Y'all sure have our (K says "hi and sorry for the loss")
sympathy.

TC
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Barry

Anyone who has had animals as part of their lives will be able to identify
with your grief. And you are right, it never gets easier. They become a
part of the household very quickly and when you lose them, it's just like
losing a member of the family (which is what they are). My condolences go
out to you...

Barry