400lb flexible trace wire.

Old August 31st, 2004, 05:32 PM
Peter Smith

Default 400lb flexible trace wire.

Anybody know where I can get hold of 400lb trace wire in the UK?.

I have been given a sample shark trace to copy and the wire(400lb) is some
of the most flexible that I have ever seen. It appears to be stainless steel
and is not nylon covered.

Off Sharking at the end of September and need to make up some traces,

---

Old September 1st, 2004, 08:10 PM
Sue & Jeri Drake

Try Advanta Tackle, down at Verwood, they stock the wire, crimps and the
proper crimping pliers, as well as a superb range of very suitable hooks.

They will be at Southampton Boat Show, as well.

Try their web page:

www.advantaltd.com

Hope that helps.

--
Sue & Jeri Drake
UK Shark Tagging Programme

Old September 3rd, 2004, 09:07 PM
Peter Smith

Thanks for the suggestions. The boat skipper has go in touch and said the
wire coame from Veals so we will be getting in touch with them. I am also
paying Cambrian small boats a visit to see what they have got...

I was in Littlehampton today and visited Tropicana they have a very
impressive range of Game fishing rods (130lb class) as well as the full
range of International multipliers even the Monster ones at very impressive
prices biggest was £500 agains over £1000 list - Dear Santa....... - only
had wire to 250 lb though but did have hooks to 16/0 and beyond.....

Old September 3rd, 2004, 11:04 PM
SEAANGLING

visited Tropicana they have a very
impressive range of Game fishing rods (130lb class)

You don't need anything over 80lb class for UK waters, 50lb is more sporting
but a 2 speed lever drag is almost mandatory.