capt Kirk Reynolds S.S. Enterprise

Old May 30th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Bashful

Default capt Kirk Reynolds S.S. Enterprise

If anyone decides to go to Destin Fl. and wants to charter a fishing
boat, be very careful you don't choose "Capt. Kirk Reynolds, of the
S.S. Enterprise." ( No I'm not making up the name, either.)

I'm not even going to tell you how much this jerk charges us for half
a day. (I'm really to embarrassed to say) I will say this, it was the
worst fishing trip ever. He wouldn't take us bottom fishing for
snapper like we had paid for. Instead, he takes us out about 5 or 6
miles and we end up trolling in the same circle all day, for king
mackerel. ( Like you can't catch enough of them from the bridges,
piers or jetties.)

This guy screamed at us if we asked to check the down rigger. We ended
up dragging two really small, illegal kings to death. Capt Kirk was
kind enough to hide them both in a cooler down below. We never saw
those fish again, either. It really felt like we were bothering the
guy by being on his boat.

It was really an embarrassing trip. He was screaming over the side at
smaller vessels for getting in his way while he trolled. No kidding.
He was leaning over the side and screaming at little boats for fishing
in his way... Then he tells us, "Watch this, I'll show them" then he
runs over the little boats trolling line, cutting it off. Twice this
happened. I kid you not.

At one point, I mentioned that it looked like something had just
smacked the down rigger really hard. He sarcastically asked me if I
wanted to take over and run the boat. ( I really should have said,
yes. We might have caught more fish.)

He kicked over one of the other guests coolers, spilled ice and
sandwiches on the deck of the boat, then he yelled at his customer
like it was his fault.

One of the guys actually managed to catch a pretty nice king, about 10
bs or so. ( we ended the day with two fish about that size ) He asked
the Capt. Kirk if he was going to clean the fish, Capt. Kirk's reply
was... "You're supposed to tip if you want that, boy."

I'm not sure if this guys was drunk or what, but It was the most
embarrassing and worst fishing trip I've ever chartered. I was
terrified there would be a lynch mob waiting for us when we returned
to the dock.

Just wanted everyone to know, if you're ever in Destin Florida, and
plan to charter a boat for a day... Think again if you're looking into
Capt Kirk Reynolds of the SS Enterprise. Don't be sorry like we were.
Old May 30th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Sarge

I not sure what you paid for but I would first write a formal letter of
complaint to him. I would send it certified and request a refund. I would
also CC the Better Business Bureau. Here is their address:
BBB of Northwest Florida
WWW: http://www.nwfl.bbb.org
Email:
Phone: (850)429-0002
Fax: (850)429-0006
PO Box 1511
Pensacola, FL 32591 -1511

You can also post on
http://fl.rodngun.com/

Sarge

Old May 30th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Bill McKee

"Sarge" wrote in message
I not sure what you paid for but I would first write a formal letter of
complaint to him. I would send it certified and request a refund. I
would
also CC the Better Business Bureau. Here is their address:
BBB of Northwest Florida
WWW: http://www.nwfl.bbb.org
Email:
Phone: (850)429-0002
Fax: (850)429-0006
PO Box 1511
Pensacola, FL 32591 -1511

You can also post on
http://fl.rodngun.com/

Sarge

Actually, I would contact the Dept of Fish and game. Report him for his
actions and keeping undersize fish.

Old May 31st, 2005, 08:06 AM
Yellowchaser

Sounds like a very bad fishing day all around.

--
Yellowchaser- WWW.HOOKANDSINKER.COM - The Sportfishermen's choice for fishing news, over 500+ maps, over 7,000+ schematics, and even these newsgroups are available online!

Old May 31st, 2005, 08:11 AM
Yellowchaser

And I agree I would let someone in authority know about your experience.

Yellowchaser- <a href="http://www.hookandsinker.com">Hook and Sinker</a> - The Sportfishermen's choice for fishing news, over 500+ maps, over 7,000+ schematics, and even these newsgroups are available online!

Old June 1st, 2005, 11:30 PM

Last year I took my first salt-water fishing trip from Harbor Walk in
Destin.
We did kinda the same thing - trolling in a circle for half a day.
However, I had fun (aside from nearly puking my guts out from
sea-sickness) and we caught a boatload of legal mackerel.
The mate cleaned them and divided them up evenly between everyone and
of course we tipped.
It was a good first time chartering a boat.