Central east Florida coast

Old March 12th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Bill Kiene

Default Central east Florida coast

Hi All,

We just got back from 3 weeks in Florida visiting our grandkids in SW Palm
Bay which is south of Cape Canaveral.

I did get to go fishing for a day with the Backcountry Flyfishers
Association of Melbourne for shad on the St.Johns River west of Titusville.
Bjorn Straube of Melbourne invited to fish with him in his 15' Starcraft
boat. We had a good time meeting some more great guys that also love fly
fishing. We were able to catch some American shad making it a great day.

I also met Chuck Scheerschmidt of Palm Bay who is another interesting fly
fisher in that area who knows a lot of good places to fly fish.

There is as much exotic fresh water fly fishing as salt water in Florida.
Lots of lakes, marshes and jungle river in the interior.

We had been looking at property in Sebastian, FL and after meeting a good
real state person there, was able to find a nice little 1200' home on a
fresh water canal in Sebastian which we are buying. It is full of bass,
panfish, turtles, crocks and exotic birds. The Sebastian River and Indian
River lagoon (intercostals water way) are only a few mile from our new
getaway home teaming with tarpon, snook, redfish, jacks and seatrout, to
name a few of the over 400 fish species present.

I also met some neat people at the Backcountry Fly Shop in Vero Beach just
south of us.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

Old March 12th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Jeff Taylor

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
. com...

We had been looking at property in Sebastian, FL and after meeting a good
real state person there, was able to find a nice little 1200' home on a
fresh water canal in Sebastian which we are buying. It is full of bass,
panfish, turtles, crocks and exotic birds. The Sebastian River and Indian
River lagoon (intercostals water way) are only a few mile from our new
getaway home teaming with tarpon, snook, redfish, jacks and seatrout, to
name a few of the over 400 fish species present.

Sounds like an awesome getaway Bill... Is there a guest room?!

Enjoy...

Jeff T.

Old March 14th, 2004, 02:24 AM
Bill

Hi,

Bill-
You now need to go see Terry Parsons - he owns the tackle shop in
Wabasso and is a super guy and very good with a fly rod. he knows the
Indian River (and other waters in the Sebastian area) very well. We
have relatives who live in Sebatian, and I envy all of you...

Bill

Capt. Bill Curry
Professional Master Guide
Tight Lines Guide Service
http://www.tightlines.ca
Old March 14th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Wolfgang

"Bill" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Bill-
You now need to go see Terry Parsons - he owns the tackle shop in
Wabasso and is a super guy and very good with a fly rod. he knows the
Indian River (and other waters in the Sebastian area) very well. We
have relatives who live in Sebatian, and I envy all of you...

Bill

Capt. Bill Curry
Professional Master Guide
Tight Lines Guide Service
http://www.tightlines.ca

Ouch!

Wolfgang
who, as an amateur master guide and professional tyro guide, is probably
going to have a hard time masking his professional (if undeniably
amateurish) jealousy.