Picture of record Jewfish 680 lbs - Where ??

Old February 28th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Gunny Bunny

Default Picture of record Jewfish 680 lbs - Where ??

Anyone know where I can see a pic of this fish caught in Florida ?

Old March 9th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Frank Meigs

Isn't the Jewfish a Federally protected fish?
"Gunny Bunny" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
Anyone know where I can see a pic of this fish caught in Florida ?

Old March 9th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 04:07:09 GMT, Capt Nemo wrote:

"Gunny Bunny" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
Anyone know where I can see a pic of this fish caught in Florida ?

"Florida State Record: Conventional tackle record for Jewfish (now
called "Goliath Grouper" and a protected spedies),is 680 pounds,
caught off Fernandina Beach on May 20, 1961 by Mr. Lynn Joyner." "

I doubt that any photos were taken.

There were because I remember seeing a picture of the fish WAY back
then and I believe that it was in a sporting magazine or some such.

I know one exists. Maybe just not on the web.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Do fishermen eat avocados? This is a question
that no one ever thinks to ask."

Russel Chatham, "Dark Waters" (1988)

Old March 9th, 2004, 04:43 PM
licker

Conventional tackle record for Jewfish is 680 pounds, caught off Fernandina
Beach on May 20, 1961. It may be hard to find a picture of it. But try
http://www.landbigfish.com/gallery/g....cfm?photo=479 for a picture of a
larger one.

Sarge

Old March 11th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Phishrace

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 04:07:09 GMT, Capt Nemo wrote:

"Gunny Bunny" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
Anyone know where I can see a pic of this fish caught in Florida ?

"Florida State Record: Conventional tackle record for Jewfish (now
called "Goliath Grouper" and a protected spedies),is 680 pounds,
caught off Fernandina Beach on May 20, 1961 by Mr. Lynn Joyner." "

I doubt that any photos were taken.

There were because I remember seeing a picture of the fish WAY back
then and I believe that it was in a sporting magazine or some such.

I know one exists. Maybe just not on the web.

Google images had a few hits. This one went over 700 pounds and was
caught with a spear:

http://www.outdoorsite.com/site/go.c...5CC3A2DDEE5D20

-Phish