Conspiracy Theories

Old May 14th, 2004, 11:50 AM
riverman

Default Conspiracy Theories

"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message

It didn't take long, did it -

Here's another good one.

http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero...erreurs_en.htm

--riverman

Old May 14th, 2004, 08:33 PM
rw

Lazarus Cooke wrote:

My cousin Alice in Colorado tells me that there hasn't been much
reaction to the prison photos in the states - they were buried on page
23 or something, and most of her neighbours feel that while what was
done wasn't really right, still it serves the dam Irakis right for
bombing the twin towers.

Is she exaggerating?

Is Alice a dittohead?

Old May 14th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Lazarus Cooke

My cousin Alice in Colorado tells me that there hasn't been much
reaction to the prison photos in the states - they were buried on page
23 or something, and most of her neighbours feel that while what was
done wasn't really right, still it serves the dam Irakis right for
bombing the twin towers.

Is she exaggerating?

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Tim J.

"Lazarus Cooke" wrote...

My cousin Alice in Colorado tells me that there hasn't been much
reaction to the prison photos in the states - they were buried on page
23 or something, and most of her neighbours feel that while what was
done wasn't really right, still it serves the dam Irakis right for
bombing the twin towers.

Is she exaggerating?

In a big way. That's all you can hear or see on the news right now.
--
TL,
Tim

Old May 14th, 2004, 09:41 PM
rw

Tim J. wrote:

Okay, one Republican comment I can ignore, but youze guys are way out of line. I
would venture to say that 99.something percent of Rs think the goings on in the
prison(s) were atrocities and should be fully investigated to get to the parties
responsible. The fact that there are a few loud idiots out there representing
the other .something percent doesn't make the majority a bunch of mental
midgets. I mean, I certainly don't blame all the liberals out there for what
*Ken* says. ;-)

Old May 14th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Charlie Choc

On Fri, 14 May 2004 20:53:56 +0100, Lazarus Cooke
wrote:

My cousin Alice in Colorado tells me that there hasn't been much
reaction to the prison photos in the states - they were buried on page
23 or something, and most of her neighbours feel that while what was
done wasn't really right, still it serves the dam Irakis right for
bombing the twin towers.

Is she exaggerating?

Not if she lives in a Republican neighborhood.
--
Charlie...
Old May 14th, 2004, 10:36 PM
rw

Lazarus Cooke wrote:
In article , rw
wrote:

Lazarus Cooke wrote:

My cousin Alice in Colorado tells me that there hasn't been much
reaction to the prison photos in the states - they were buried on page
23 or something, and most of her neighbours feel that while what was
done wasn't really right, still it serves the dam Irakis right for
bombing the twin towers.

Is she exaggerating?

Is Alice a dittohead?

I said that her neighbours felt this, not that she did.

Well, she must be looking at some pretty strange journalism, because
this has been the biggest story in the US for two weeks.

Old May 15th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Scott Seidman

rw wrote in news:40a5492d$0$21819
:

Lazarus Cooke wrote:
In article , rw
wrote:

Lazarus Cooke wrote:

My cousin Alice in Colorado tells me that there hasn't been much
reaction to the prison photos in the states - they were buried on page
23 or something, and most of her neighbours feel that while what was
done wasn't really right, still it serves the dam Irakis right for
bombing the twin towers.

Is she exaggerating?

Is Alice a dittohead?

I said that her neighbours felt this, not that she did.

Well, she must be looking at some pretty strange journalism, because
this has been the biggest story in the US for two weeks.

And Congress won't drop it either. It's getting worse and worse--
apparently, some of this stuff is just SOP-- written into the Rules of
Engagement by Nasty Sanchez. With a stroke of his pen, he does away with
the Geneva Convention. Rumsfeld says this is OK, and not against the
Convention, because they bounced it off Pentagon Lawyers!

Damn-- not even the Nixon Administration did whatever the hell they wanted
to do. These guys don't even make a pretense toward caring what people
think of them.

Scott
Old May 15th, 2004, 01:23 AM
snakefiddler

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
rw wrote in news:40a5492d$0$21819
:

Lazarus Cooke wrote:
In article , rw
wrote:

Lazarus Cooke wrote:

And Congress won't drop it either. It's getting worse and worse--
apparently, some of this stuff is just SOP-- written into the Rules of
Engagement by Nasty Sanchez. With a stroke of his pen, he does away with
the Geneva Convention. Rumsfeld says this is OK, and not against the
Convention, because they bounced it off Pentagon Lawyers!

Damn-- not even the Nixon Administration did whatever the hell they wanted
to do. These guys don't even make a pretense toward caring what people
think of them.

Scott

case in point:
james inhofe's remarks at the 5-11-04 senate armed services hearing;
see if ya'll can stomach this;

"...they're not there for traffic violations........many of them probably
have american blood on their hands......and here we are concerned about the
treatment of those prisoners..."

meanwhile, the american red cross believes that at least 70% of those
prisoners were rounded up in error. this according to this evening's
broadcast of all things considered on npr.

snakefiddler