Penn's Clave Updates??...

Old March 17th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Michael Makela

Default Penn's Clave Updates??...

Just wonderin' who's attending this year's Penn's Creek outing in the
Great State of Pennsylvania? I'll take a bold step and roll out my
partially educated, well adjusted, best esimated, guess, that we will
be enjoying fine conditions this year with temps in the 70s for the
balance of the stay.

Just grabbed that last cabin in Hemlock for Monday night through
Saturday myself (thanks for the tip Tom). Yep, I apologize to the
great union of campers out there in Area 54, but selling out this
year. I have to bolt out of the house after my wife arrives back from
Florida on Saturady, that combined with a series of vacations from
late spring to early summer, I just don't have the time to pack and
unpack the gear this time around.

I will take Jeff up on the offer to steal a spot under the roof for
Sunday night, and maybe Saturday if you happen to get in early (what
yall gonna do if you don't get the cabin early?).

Grabbed the two man cabin for the balance of the week, and waiting for
some feedback from another local, but I may have an open spot for at
least a few nights, if not the whole week, if anyone's interested. I
have to warn you that I plan on bringing a sizeable batch of the
Makela Chili this year, so you do so at your own risk. I do remember
that the two-man cabin always has good built in ventilation and
assuming Steve hasn't gotten to sealing it up, it may be O.K. if
you're down wind.

I'm hoping on making my way up there a few times earlier in the season
so hopefully I'll have a more educated guess on what we're in for
before the Clave.

Mike
Old March 17th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Frank Reid

, I apologize to the
great union of campers out there in Area 54, but selling out this
year. I

Mike

I'll be there, you sleazy sell-out.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old March 17th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Jeff Miller

Michael Makela wrote:

I will take Jeff up on the offer to steal a spot under the roof for
Sunday night, and maybe Saturday if you happen to get in early (what
yall gonna do if you don't get the cabin early?).

haven't heard about saturday yet. i've been talking with mark campbell,
the owner. the rental period begins on sunday,ends on saturday. mike
usually cleans up on saturday in prep for next tenants arriving
sunday... if we help with cleanup he may let us in saturday afternoon.
i'm working on it. right now, i'm hoping to go up to the nc blue ridge
sometime the week before the 16th, then go up to pa on 15th or 16th.
i'll probably find a motel or sleep in the truck. if i can get indian
joe to ride along, we'll figure out something - he's always got lots of
suggestions! g

warren says he won't be able to make it this year, so it looks like its
me, ij, lou t, and roger in the carolina cabin on penns creek... i think
there are others who might stay, but i can't remember right now.

mark campbell fished penns on 2/28/04, and i'll post on abpf the photos
he sent me. one of the photos looks like the area behind the cabin at
the tip of the island.

btw, i got my union county sportsman's club newsletter yesterday. they
have some type of outdoor terrace (?) and will cater a group there. if
anyone is interested in an evening event there as a group, i can see
what the cost would be. i trust we will have another group dinefest at
the sportsman's club bar one night - any suggestions? i think the place
is only open wednesday-weekend. mike, if you get down there, you might
check out the terrace situation.

jeff

Old March 17th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Tom Littleton

To all,
Cabin #1 at Hemlock acres is rented, in my name for Saturday May 15. At
present, Dave LaCourse, and Roger Ohlund will be in the cabin, but there is
room for two more. Perhaps a discussion amongst Jeff and Mike and these two
principal occupants will result in some accomodaton..............Tom
Old March 19th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Mike Makela

btw, i got my union county sportsman's club newsletter yesterday. they
have some type of outdoor terrace (?) and will cater a group there. if
anyone is interested in an evening event there as a group, i can see
what the cost would be. i trust we will have another group dinefest at
the sportsman's club bar one night - any suggestions? i think the place
is only open wednesday-weekend. mike, if you get down there, you might
check out the terrace situation.

jeff

Sounds cool if the weather isn't and there's room. Don't have to worry as
much about looking like you just stepped out of the stream and there's some
good fishing real close. Don't know when I'll get there but will give an
update if I do soon. I think there are a few others either local, or making
early trips that may be able to give us a review also.

Now All they need to do is open up a few cabins or a hotel and it will be an
all inclusive resort.

Old March 19th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Jeff Miller

feel free and welcome to stop over and spend the night. we can sample
the sunrise fishing in jeffie's run just behind the cabin...

jeff

Old March 19th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message
To all,
Cabin #1 at Hemlock acres is rented, in my name for Saturday May 15. At
present, Dave LaCourse, and Roger Ohlund will be in the cabin, but there

is
room for two more. Perhaps a discussion amongst Jeff and Mike and these

two
principal occupants will result in some accomodaton..............Tom

i, too, am a wannabe for penns. there is some question as to the
precise dates, since i have a case that may present a conflict. i will know
more in about two weeks.

yfitons
wayno

Old March 19th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Tom Littleton

wayno writes:
i, too, am a wannabe for penns. there is some question as to the
precise dates, since i have a case that may present a conflict

two words: Plea Bargain
hope to see you,
Tom
Old March 20th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Mike Makela

Jeff,

I'm thinking about stealing another night down your way later in the week to
if possible. Maybe the same night we do a gig at the sportsman's club?

Mike