a new name

Old February 7th, 2008, 10:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

Default a new name

The last few years I've grown aware that there is a sizable group of anglers
fishing like me, .... i.e. camping and fishing almost daily for most of the
summer. Those I've met, and I, myself, have a different perspective
and different 'needs' than the more common angler on a week or two vacation.

I keep in touch with a couple " ......... " like myself and we share
info on cheap camping, latest hatch reports, maybe plan to meet for a
period, etc. Being in the midst of off-season boredom, I'm thinking
about starting a small 'online community' of anglers that share this
slightly different approach to the sport.

My problem ( well, one of many ) is a name to call us ... "troutbum" .....
comes to mind but has too much 'twenty something, going on 14' baggage for
my taste, ..... it's just a bit too 'cute'

Suggestions for a catchy name for mostly retired fish daily all summer types
?

Old February 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:03:59 GMT, "Larry L"
wrote:

My problem ( well, one of many ) is a name to call us ... "troutbum" .....
comes to mind but has too much 'twenty something, going on 14' baggage for
my taste, ..... it's just a bit too 'cute'

How about "Royal Wulffers?" That's 25 going on 12. d;o)

Or something like "fly on the fly"

Old February 7th, 2008, 10:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Daniel-San

"Larry L" wrote...

Suggestions for a catchy name for mostly retired fish daily all summer
types?

Lucky *******s?

;-)

Dan

Old February 7th, 2008, 10:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:18:32 GMT, Steve wrote:

Hell's Anglers?g
I'd love to pull into a coffee shop off the river and see a group of
retired guys in cut-off Levi jackets with the patch on the back.
I know..I know.

Ohhhhh, I liiiiike that. Gotta have a t-shirt with that on it.

Thanks, Steve.

Old February 7th, 2008, 10:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
George Cleveland

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:22:11 -0600, "Daniel-San"
(Rot13) wrote:

"Larry L" wrote...

Suggestions for a catchy name for mostly retired fish daily all summer
types?

Lucky *******s?

;-)

Dan

Second.

GeoC
Old February 7th, 2008, 10:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"Larry L" wrote in message

Suggestions for a catchy name for mostly retired fish daily all summer
types

On-the-Fly Anglers?

Old February 7th, 2008, 10:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

"Daniel-San" (Rot13) wrote

Lucky *******s?

;-)

Yeah, but don't rush to get old ... enjoy every minute of the ride, even the
ride to work

Old February 7th, 2008, 10:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Larry L wrote:
[...]

Geezers with Tweezers?

Old February 8th, 2008, 12:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

"Steve" wrote in message
ews.com...
On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 15:59:49 -0700, rw